Weaning technique

My breast is pretty full if I didn't pump during lunch time at work. Sometime it will clog and only breastfeeding can get it out. What's the best way to wean it? I only breastfeed once a day and I pumped 3 times a day and can pump around 10 oz each time. I have clogged duct every 2 wks or so, how do you ease the pain without breastfeeding?

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Without feeding or pumping the only thing you can do is to take some tylenol. The best way to wean is to drop a pumping a day for a week and slowly drop other pumpings until you are ready to drop that last feeding with the baby. I wish you luck. I stopped cold turkey and was only in pain for about 3 days, but I exclusively pumped and was to a point where I was only getting 2 oz at a time even though I was pumping every 2 hours all day.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:22 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• You can also shorten those pumping sessions by a little each time. By the way... those are INCREDIBLE pumping amounts!

Answer by gdiamante at 11:24 AM on Mar. 18, 2011