Anyone else have cotton brain?

I have recently started having a hard time coming up with words I know that I know. It seems the harder I think about it the word the fluffier my brain gets. I think it is menopause, the only other time I felt like this was pregnancy and there is no way I am preggers!

I want my brains and vocabulary back!

pammomof9

Asked by pammomof9 at 11:18 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Health

• YES!! My youngest is 4 and I STILL feel like I've forgotten half (or more) of my vocabulary.

It has been proven that your brain does shrink during pregnancy. The blood flow that normally goes to your brain gets rerouted to the fetus so your brain shrinks.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:48 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• sometimes i feel that way. i honestly have a lot on my plate now, my mind is always racing with thoughts of the kids, husband, family, finances. it took me a good 10 seconds to remember what my address was the other day when i had to give it to someone. when im about to say one of the kids' names sometimes i get all jumbled and have to think about which one im calling.. LOL
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:24 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Sometimes that happens. But, moreso when I've stayed up too late and have had to get up early.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 2:12 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• what is your age. I am going through that now with my pregnancy its not fun
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 11:22 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I'm 44
    pammomof9

Comment by pammomof9 (original poster) at 11:24 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• wow! interesting! i vote rosehawk best answer
    it happens to the best of us.
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 11:57 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Ditto - fellow cotton brainer here. I'm 41 and think I'm having some peri-menopause symptoms. Some days I cannot form a cohesive sentence!
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 12:02 PM on Mar. 21, 2011