Does anyone have any good recipes for Tofu

My husband and I were talking the other day and I was telling him how my Granny use to make it and that it is suppose to be good for you. As we talked more and more about it he said he was willing to try it if I could find a recipe that had alot of flavor...so my question is does anyone have a good one that I could try? And if you dont mind sharing with me what it is!

Lyndsey250

Asked by Lyndsey250 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Food & Drink

• You can add it to almost anything you cook. Just cook it with the other items long enough to get the flavors. Stir-fry, it will take on the flavor of the sauce. Baked veggies, it will take on the flavors of the veggies or herbs.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 11:39 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• eww no sorry im sure there is something on the internet though
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 12:23 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• This is my favorite. Send me a message if you would like more!

General Tsao's Tofu
    1 box of firm or extra firm tofu
    1 egg or substitute
    3/4 cup cornstarch
    vegetable oil for frying
    3 chopped green onions
    1 Tablespoon minced ginger
    1 Tablespoon minced garlic
    2/3 cup vegetable stock
    2 Tablespoons soy sauce
    4 Tablespoons sugar
    red pepper to taste
    1 Tablespoon sherry (optional) (you can sub apple cider or white grape juice)
    1 Tablespoon white vinegar
    steamed broccoli
    cooked brown rice
    Drain, dry and cut tofu into 1 inch chunks. You can freeze tofu the night before to get a more chicken-like consistency, but it isn't necessary. Mix the egg with 3 tablespoons cold water. Dip tofu in egg/water
    mixture and coat completely. Sprinkle 3/4 cup cornstarch over tofu and coat completely. Watch out that the cornstarch doesn't clump up at the bottom of the bowl

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 6:55 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Heat oil in pan and fry tofu pieces until golden. Drain oil.
    Heat 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil in pan on medium heat. Add green onions, ginger and garlic, cook for about 2 minutes. Be careful not to burn garlic. Add vegetable stock, soy sauce, sugar, red pepper and vinegar. Mix 2 Tablespoons water with 1 Tablespoon cornstarch and pour into mixture stirring well. Add fried tofu and coat evenly.
    Serve immediately with steamed broccoli over rice.

• I'd google or look on some food blogs
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:42 AM on Apr. 12, 2011