Please help me with something (re: dating)

Say that you have an interest in a guy and he has also expressed interest in you, but hasn't asked you out. You also have mutual friends that have "suggested" to him that he ask you out. Would this love interest accept a date offer if he wasn't interested?

The guy I'm speaking of has had a rough life and is very shy when it comes to getting close to people, let alone women, so I don't necessarily think he would ask me out if he was interested.

I asked this guy out and he said yes...I'm just hoping he's really interested and maybe he was just scared of asking me out, because he does *seem* interested.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• Awwwee...sounds sweet-glad you had the courage to ask him out. Have fun and just let it flow!
    PurplWildFlower

Answer by PurplWildFlower at 12:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Then he is probably interested, I don't think he would go out with you if he really didn't want to. Go out and see how it goes! :) GL
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 12:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• so you did ask him out?? or mean if you do ask him out?? if you have did y'all plan like a date or anything or what?? because if he said yes then he is interested.. i would just be proactive and plan something if he comes along then yes he is interested.. what all did you mean by has had a rough life? i would for sure take that into account whatever those problems are and just spend time with him and see how things go..
    ash2011903

Answer by ash2011903 at 12:03 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I'd say go for it. I found my SO on a dating website and in real life he is very shy about approaching women. He even told me on the website he would not message women, he'd wait for them for fear of rejection. I have no idea why he's like this because he is hot as hell, but I think its cause his past gf's etc made it out to be this way. Anyways, I took one look at him on there, read his profile and was hooked. I messaged him and that very week we went on our first date. April will be a year for us and I can tell you being a bold woman is needed sometimes and I am sure glad I had the guts to message him.
    CopingMom33

Answer by CopingMom33 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• just to add the main thing i think with this situation not knowing for sure the details of his "rough life" just knowing how you put
    it i would plan times to be around him if it's just around the house or a going out date and see how things go and you will know
    if he is interested the more time you have around him! :) just with the stuff he has going on whatever it might be don't make him feel rushed into anything but also at the same time let him know your there for him and be open about your feelings! good luck hope this has been of some help!
    ash2011903

Answer by ash2011903 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Not to sound like a Debbie Downer or anything but sometimes there are nice guys out there that will just accept an offer so as not to hurt feelings. Or maybe he wants to be friends? Just saying.
    deathmiamore

Answer by deathmiamore at 12:13 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• i was saying that I did ask him out and he accepted! He had a rough childhood and I've been told he has a fear of rejection and commitment. I just find it hard to believe that a guy would accept an offer of doing something if he wasn't interested...kwim?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• i agree he must like you to accept! how old is he?
    ash2011903

Answer by ash2011903 at 12:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• That's the thought in the back of my head, that he just wants to be friends.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:17 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• He is 36
    Anonymous