Help! I smell like onions down there :( adult content

No matter how clean I am, how many feminine odor products I use, how many times I douche, I still smell like onions. It is so embarrassing. I do eat onions from time to time but I really don't know if thats what caused it please help me...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Health

• Douche with vinegar & water. Vinegar will help kill any bacteria. Don't do it often, tho. If this doesn't help, call your Dr.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 11:56 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• you should seek help from a professional health provider, more so a obgyn
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Girl...google that! I mean it maybe diet related but Im sure you are not the only woman to go through it.
    PurplWildFlower

Answer by PurplWildFlower at 11:56 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• DO NOT DOUCHE! They have found that this can push bacteria up further in your insides; you will never find a Doctor that will recommend that practice.

You need to see a gynecologist. You probably have BV (Bacterial Vaginosis) which is characterized by a foul odor. Only seeing a Doctor will help the problem, no home remedies will.

Good luck!
    Suzy_qy

Answer by Suzy_qy at 12:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• This will sound crazy but it works- cut out dairy for a while (at least a couple of weeks). I am not a vegan, but I had a friend that tried everything for the smell down there and she did this and it worked. Her body was doing something weird with the dairy that was making it smell bad. She didn't have an infection- yeast or otherwise. It was just her natural smell while she was consuming dairy.

Her SO said he appreciated it too.

Good luck!
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 12:04 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• It is definitly from what you are eating. Also shaving neatly down there will eliminate odor too.
    Anonymous

• It's probably you eating the onions. Same thing happens to me when I eat them.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• There actually is a Test kit for Vagisil that will indicate if you have something yeast or bacterial going on. That might be worth a try because, if it is bacterial, you will need a prescription.

Onions and Garlic in large doses can cause your stomach gas, vagina, and armpits to smell like onions and garlic . . .. some people more than others . . . so try easing off on those.

Also, a lot of that scented stuff and douching can make the problem worse by irritating your skin. try using baby soap or cetaphil soap down there, just on the outside.

Sometimes, it can also be a product of a mix of your guy's fliuds and yours . . . it will be worse the morning after sex until your body clears it.

Good luck.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I would consult my doctor
    vishuz1

Answer by vishuz1 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Quit douching - it screws up your natural pH and can make you smell worse. The vagina is like a self-cleaning oven - it'll take care of itself, you only need to clean the outer area (labia, etc) with a gently cleanser. Quit with all the fancy feminine stuff and all that - it doesn't help you, it hurts you. Seeing a doc wouldn't be a bad idea either - and any good doc will tell you douching is NOT a good idea.
    Anonymous