Exyema??

My son has exyema on his hands and they itch him terrible. He has been up all night the last few nights asking me to itch and rub his hands. I am rubbing hydro cortizone on them like the doc said. My question is when will it start working so my little man will start feeling better?

kelka24

Asked by kelka24 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Kids' Health

• My son had this when he was a baby and the doctor had to prescribe an ointment. Nothing over the counter worked. It has become much less over time as long as I keep his skin moisturized with Cetaphil lotion. You might try calling the doctor and see if they have a suggestion.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:08 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Did the doctor rule out hand, foot, mouth virus?

My daughter's ped sometimes has me give her Benedryl or Claritin when the itchies are overwhelming her.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:10 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I suggest the Benedryl too. My daughter has it & he told us that if its really bad at night that giving her some will help. We also have prescription meds and use that with Eucerine cream.
    Anonymous

• How old is he? Take him to a dermatologist and/or allergist. My daughter had terrible eczema for 5 years and now she is being treated for asthma. She has a hepa-filter in her room and uses dye-free and fragrance-free everything. She also takes Zyrtec everyday. Get him allergy tested!
    Lola.Bee

Answer by Lola.Bee at 11:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2011