What is the routine

Procedure at your first doctors appointment like.What does the doctor usually ask and do?And when do they reschedule your next appointment?

Sarah0306

Asked by Sarah0306 at 11:27 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• a pap, a lot of questions, weight, pee tests, blood, and that is all I can remeber. One month from the date your first appointment
    Zoeybug

Answer by Zoeybug at 11:38 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• They will ask a million questions, everything from your history, to everyone in your family's (Daddy's, too!). I think I may have done a urine test and some blood work as well, but it was mostly just questions. I also had a dating ultrasound at my first visit, but I didn't actually see the doctor for an exam until a few weeks later.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:43 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• My doctors office did not do the blood work, OR the ultrasound in the office. Doctor came in, saw me, said yup you're pregnant, sent me to get blood work done and my ultrasound. At the ultrasound we heard the heartbeat for the first time, and all of that.

for a normal pregnancy he will ask to see you back once a month, and at the end of your pregnancy it will be every 2 weeks, then once a week for the last month until baby is born.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:47 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• they get ur family and medical history and talk to u about anything that would be a risk factor for ur pregnancy, ask ur last period so they can calculate ur due date, my doc did a vaginal ultrasound to see the yolk sac at the first appointment but some wait until later, they send u for blood tests, they test ur urine, some doctors write u prenatal vitamins but mine didnt. they should ask u if ur taking them, mine didnt but they should... u probably will go every 4 weeks now, and when u hit third trimester at 28 weeks, u go every 2 weeks, and after 36 weeks u go every week.
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 2:01 AM on Nov. 25, 2008