Anyone need an "Atkins" buddy???

GoJoMom2448

Asked by GoJoMom2448 at 12:14 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Atkins is too low carb, you need healthy whole grain carbs to be truly healthy......those who try atkins, lose the weight and then not realize they are supposed to eat that way for the rest of their life, go back to eating normally and gain it all back.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Atkins is NOT healthy.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I count my carbs but don't follow Atkins.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 12:01 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Atkins can really drop the weight, but is not a healthy lifestyle, long term. Short term, not a bad choice. Have you considered a local (real life) diet partner? Check out WannaBuddy.com. The site is dedicated to connecting locals who share a passion for healthy lifestyles. With a database of over 8,000 weight loss centers, 6,000 gyms, thousands of parks and trails, and over 100,000 upcoming events (all searchable by zip code) there is a lot to enjoy. You can find a buddy at WannaBuddy.com.
    AnnaF9000

Answer by AnnaF9000 at 2:58 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Short term weight loss....seems like a waste of time to me.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 8:07 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Have you checked with your doctor about his? There are plenty of he healthy carbs. I like the suggest of wanna buddy. i'm giong to check that out too.
    Onmyown2727

Answer by Onmyown2727 at 3:36 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• my doc said I shouldnt do that cause you are restriciting yourself from things you like
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 11:23 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• nope
    asil

Answer by asil at 1:37 AM on Mar. 21, 2011

• Atkins is awful. DH does it periodically, and it's not fun for any of us.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:24 PM on Mar. 21, 2011

• No, no, no ... you do NOT need carbs (other than limited fruits and plenty of veggies) to be healthy. I have been doing lo-carb (not atkins) for 13 years and I am the healthiest and thinnest I have ever been. The medical industry has it all wrong; low-fat/high carb is NOT the way to go, and the science supports this! Do your own research people!

I did low-fat/high carb for years with the help of my doctor. Exercised 5 times a week. Did the "consume less calories than you burn off" routine. All it did for me was make me GAIN weight and send my test results through the roof. Learn how insulin (not as it pertains to diabetes) plays a role in your health and weight and cravings. Wake up!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Mar. 22, 2011