Is this chicken pox?

My son has been cranky and not eating lately, sleeping a lot, and I thought it was just a growth spurt or something but today a few big, red spots popped up on his face and one on his arm. I also have a strange red spot on my wrist. I've had chx. pox before but it was a very mild case (so I could possibly get it again), and my son had the chx. pox vaccine but I know they aren't 100% effective... Does anyone know how long it takes to be able to identify pox, and if there are any other signs I should be watching for?

Iskkra

Asked by Iskkra at 11:28 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• your son should have had a fever first.. and then the pox would come..my son had a few red bumps on his body the other day, but they went away the next day... babies are weird little creatures... if your worried, ask your doctor, if your not to concerned and baby doesnt seem to care, then just keep an eye on it. My son also has a mild case of eczema, but comes and goes, and i was reading up on it, and they said in the colder months that is when it can really be bother some, and thats when i noticed the five little bumps on his body.
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 9:50 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Give him a warm bath and if it gets worse it could be. dose he have any on his groin area cause that is usually where it begins.
    lizzy021604

Answer by lizzy021604 at 11:32 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Chickenpox

Factsheet with signs and symptoms, prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and complications.
    kidshealth.org/parent/infections/skin/chicken_pox.html - 29k
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:27 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Just a thought.......there are probably dozens of different strains of colds and flus that can produce spots. It is VERY common and not always something to be alarmed about. My best friend, who is a nurse, is just getting over something that looked like measles but it was just a random virus. Anyway, not giving you medical advice, just something to keep in mind.
    Raegy

Answer by Raegy at 3:54 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• typically, the pox start on the back or chest area and is preceeded by a fever. It could be chicken pox. But I recommend checking with the doc to find the actual cause so you will have the correct treatment.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 10:23 AM on Nov. 25, 2008