Kicked in the stomach

So, without getting into much detail... my 21 month old DD was throwing a temper tantrum (which have been getting worse over the last few days) and she kicked me in the stomach. It wasn't REALLY hard, but now I'm paranoid. Do I need to go get checked out? I feel like I go to the doctors for everything right now blah! I'm 17 weeks pregnant btw.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• That happened to me right before my 20 week ultrasound. I was lifting my Son out of his highchair & he accidentally kicked me right in the stomach. It didn't hurt but I freaked out with paranoia for two days until I went for my ultrasound and I told the nurse and she calmly said that they are so protected & have so much insulation in there & not to worry and the ultrasound came out fine. As long as you are not having pain or discharge, you should be fine but if you need piece of mind call your OBGYN.

Anonymous

• It wouldn't hurt to call your doctor to ask if s/he wants to see you.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:22 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Call the doctor. Honestly, i think that would be best.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:23 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• It's hard to really say since you probably don't feel any movement yet anyway. If there's any brusing on your stomach or if you start to get unusual pain or cramping yes I'd see the doctor. If all seems well maybe just bring it up at your next appointment or call and see what they say. Chances are everything is just fine. I was about 25 weeks when somehow I "forgot" about the growing beachball in front of me and I flopped down on the bed HARD on my tummy. It hurt me more than it hurt the baby!
    Anonymous

• call and make sure the doctor wouldnt want to see you to make sure all is ok....
    michellesgirls2

Answer by michellesgirls2 at 12:57 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I agree, call your OB just in case. Odds are everything is FINE, but I'd, personally, want that reassurance.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 9:08 AM on Mar. 19, 2011