• In the Spotlight:

What do you do with your children's old clothes?

vishuz1

Asked by vishuz1 at 12:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• My dds clothes go to my friend who has a daughter whose a couple years younger. My sons clothes usually get tossed out, unless I remember to donate them/are in good shape. My teens get rid of their own old clothes.

Answer by gemgem at 12:28 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• depends i keep alot for future kids but i also take alot to church :D
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 12:28 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Goodwill

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:28 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• take to a local church
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 12:29 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• my sister gets my youngest boys clothes, the 2 older boys clothes just get passed down to the next boy, my oldest is a girl so her clothes go to goodwill
    lilliedoll

Answer by lilliedoll at 12:32 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I am surprised that anyone would throw clothes away.

We first stop at a consignment shop and donate the rest to a native American reservation. There are a lot of people who truly need kids clothing- I'd rather give it away for free than have it sold for exorbitant prices at goodwill (even though I do bring other items there).
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:34 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I was giving all of DS's clothes to my nephew who is 6 months younger than him, but my nephew got chubby really quick and is now quite a bit bigger than my son, so now I have 6 garbage bags full of name brand barely used clothes. I am think very seriously about having a yard sale. I haven't had one in years but with all the stuff I have and all the money I have in it I would really like to get a small portion back, and what I don't sale I will donate to goodwill.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• If they're unisex, they go to my SIL, otherwise I donate them.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:40 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I've saved a lot of my son's clothes for when my daughter is able to wear them. He's 3 1/2 years older than her so it wasn't THAT big a deal. But now he's 7 1/2 and all the knees keep ripping out of his pants and I feel like she needs to wear more girl-type clothes. She's too much of a tom boy for me to buy her all/only dresses and such, but girl jeans vs. boy jeans kind of thing. What she outgrows, and is still in good shape we donate.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:40 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Donate them.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:41 PM on Mar. 18, 2011