Anyone elses child have high cholesterol? I need recipes and tips

My daughter is young and her dads side of the family have all types of high cholesterol, diebetes.... I want things to run smooth.

My daughter is one out of 4. What types of snacks do you buy, or dinners do you serve..

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 12:28 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Stay away from prepackaged foods, cook from scratch, meats and vegetables and brown rice...use olive oil as your main oil and grapeseed oil is good too. Stay away from all other vegetable oils and lard and margerine....use real butter in small amounts, stay away from anything with corn syrup in it...homemade soups and stews are good...ezekial bread is good....for snacks fruits are good, bananas are filling....use natural peanut butter ....there are a lot of good recipes out there, just google .....good luck!
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Build meals around vegetables, whole grains, legumes and fruits.

I have a ton of recipes that are tasty, healthy, family and budget friendly; send me a message offlist if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:58 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• High fiber, low fat foods. Fresh fruits and veggies, oatmeal, Cheerios. ANY cereal that has high fiber. Exercise is a big help too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Cut out the dairy too.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 3:13 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• get with a registered dietitian and have them help you plan out meals and snacks for the whole family I also have diabetes and high cholesterol and my dietitian is a big help with everything
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• keep fresh veggie and fruits available and stay away from preproccessed foods. I agree with others about seeing a dietitian to help with recipes, too. Good Luck
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 21, 2011