Car Insurance?

I just got it after years of not having to pay for it. The car was in my SO's mom's name until we paid her off for it. So, I went and got AAA and it's so expensive. I have a 17 year old DD too so that jacked it up. It's $113 a month for just liability.

Who is your car insurance through? How much do you pay?

Cindy18

Asked by Cindy18 at 12:33 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Money & Work

• When my teens were ready to drive 5 years ago, I searched the net for the most affordable car insurance quote. Have been going with The Hartford ever since. We have good student, safe driver, safe car, and so many other discounts on our policy

renita.hennessy

Answer by renita.hennessy at 5:26 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I hear ya. My son just got added to our insurance too, he is also 17. We were paying around $45 a mth before for two cars for me and dh. Now they added an additional $68 a mth for my son. Thats $113. We go through progressive.

Answer by gemgem at 12:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I go through direct im 21 and just recently got a ticket im paying 109 a mnth
    Anonymous

• That is actually not too bad. We are in Chicago, and pay twice that for one adult and one teen

Answer by rkoloms at 1:07 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• well just for myself (allstate) its $85, my almost 20 year old daughter and 18 year old son don't drive yet and keep putting them off to get them their licenses. lol. and that discount is with a home discount.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 4:00 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Im 21, My husband is 23-with 3 tickets on his record-but only 1 moving violation the rest are expired tag- and we have liability on our 2005 Dodge Durango. We pay $40/mth through state farm. I would shop around.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 1:36 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• We pay 89 a month for liability oon a truck, car, and motorcycle and insurance on house
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:38 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• In my experience it is cheaper getting quotes online. Some of the bigger companies offer discounts when ordering online, because it is less work for them. But to be safe you could compare quotes online, pick the best offer and try a local agency to see if they can match it or do better.

I recommend this site for online comparing: http://www.quotes-center.com/auto-insurance-calculator
    elize964

Answer by elize964 at 10:23 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Where do you live i might have a name and number for you
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 1:47 PM on Mar. 20, 2011

• My husband and I moved to Progressive and pay 85 a month on 4 vehicles, we get a couple credits but nothing out of the ordinary, (we are young to so our rate is pretty good) especially with each of us having a couple old citations.
    enadrown

Answer by enadrown at 4:38 AM on Mar. 23, 2011