Doesnt it seem more and more girls getting preg young, then expecting everyone else doing the work for them?

I work with children and it gets on my nerves that young moms just wanna party not watch their kids....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• BUMP
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• You just decribed several of my family members

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I agree. It continues to amaze me how I am always hearing from some of my friends how they went out to party and left their child with their mother. I would never dream of leaving my kid with my mom, and she would never allow it. I made the decision to have a kid, not her, and it is my responsibility to make sure my kid has a wonderful life and quality time with mommy (me!).
    vishuz1

Answer by vishuz1 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I'm not sure if I agree with this. I think it really depends on the woman. I know plenty of responsible women who got pregnant young. Then I know a few who are what you say and just want to party. I don't think it's fair to generalize with that.
    deathmiamore

Answer by deathmiamore at 12:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Absolutely, but i also think that more adults are making it clear that "if you don't take care of your kid, that's ok, I will.
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 12:50 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• There is a glorification of teen pregnancy right now . . . they even have a show on MTV. A lot of high schools have nurseries, and kids are thinking it is the "cool" thing to do. Part of the problem is that our economic situations make it such that we can not afford be be home with our kids, watching their every move, helping them choose friends, guiding them. So, the kids have their own set or rules and goals. And, when teens make rules and goals, they are pretty much all very scary. We need to work as a society to be there for all the children around us . . . to guide them. We need to help the single parents by being extra support for them, and we need to help our neighbors by watching the kids who's parents cannot be around because they have to work.

ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• No I havent noticed. My dd was a teen mom and actually works very hard for her kids and has never asked for a dime, or for me to babysit. I have offered and do babysit because I love my grandkids, but money, nope, she does it on her own.

Answer by gemgem at 12:53 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• It just sickens me because their is people that can't have children, then teen moms who are omg who is gonna watch my kid while I party it up...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:53 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I had my first child when I was 19. My dd was over 1 before I ever went out without her. My mom watched her, and she was glad. She knew that I was not using her to help me out. I was working and going to school and taking care of her. I guess it depends on the girl, but like MamaRae said there are adults who willing to watch those kids.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 1:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I was a teen mom and I love my son more than anything in the world. I have struggled, it wasn't easy, and I never partyed. But I know several young moms like this and it really bothers me. I am actually younger than some of them and it amazes me the things they do. That's why I dont really have any friends, because I am always home and don't want to go out. So some young moms are like that, but not all of them.
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 1:02 PM on Mar. 18, 2011