BREASTFEEDING MOMS ONLY

How many times a night does your baby wake up wanting to nurse?

I'd also like to know your sleeping arrangement.

Is she/ he in the bed with you, in a co-sleeper or bassinet or in their own room?

Oh,and most importantly lol, how old is your baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, I'm not breastfeeding anymore, but I woke up maybe 2 to 3 times. I had all three in a bassinet right next to my side of the bed.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• My son is now four so I don't remember how much he woke up at different ages, sorry! But he slept in the bed with me, and still does. :o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 12:53 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Dd was up 2-5 x a nightto feed until about 8 mos old. We co-slept. When she was a little older (8-11mos) she was up maybe once a night. She is weaned now.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:53 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I nursed my son until he was a little over six mnths he slept with me it was a comfort thing fo me and him i would say he would nurse liek once a night but dnt quote me im not 100% sure
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 12:53 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• It varied. Never less than twice, usually three times, occasionally four or five times. I learned to stop counting the wakeups.

We co-slept for the first eight months. He went into the crib part-time by then... meaning before morning we were co-sleeping again after multiple wakeups. He was able to go to sleep on his own with no assistance by around age two.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:55 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• My babies all slept in their own cribs from the first night home. They woke a couple times to nurse in the night, but all were sleeping through at least 8 hours by 2 months, and 11-12 hours by 6 months. I breastfed all of them until 6 months, and breastfed the first 4 until they were a year old (I had supply issues with my 5th).

Answer by missanc at 12:58 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Thanks, your answers are helpful so far.

I refuse to "train" my baby, and whenever he wants to eat is up to him, but I was just wondering if other babies eat as often as he does.

Someone with a baby close in age said he only gets up once a night and so I was curious.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Oh, and he sleeps in my arm all night every night. fyi
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• My newbie wakes up about 2-3 times a night to feed now (depending on how much he eats during a feeding) and we sleep in the same bed together. I don't 'train' my children either, I want them to eat when they're hungry.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Gaige is 5 1/2 months now.
    ABout 9 pm I nurse him and lay him down in his crib...50% of the time, he'll fall asleep there and sleep for about an hour then he wakes.The other half..forget it..I have to bring him in the bed with me.(and yes, I end up having to go to bed at 9 myself,lol)
    He wakes anywhere from 3-5 x's a night ,he nurses then goes right back to sleep.
    He does sleep in bed with us...even when he falls asleep in his own crib...after that first initial wake up..forget it..he won't go back to sleep in his own crib.
    I notice that he eats more during the night when he has a day where he didnt eat that often..and that happens because hes a nosey little bugger and won't nurse if theres too much commotion going on ...and thats usually the case because of the other kids,lol.
    Oh..and his crib is in our bedroom.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2011