How long do you use a stroller for and at what weight do they go up too?

the reason I ask is because I am pregnant and due in Augest. So I need one for September since we go to the wayne county fair every year the second week of september. Well, I am due the 9th, but I still plan to go and even though I will still be healing I plan to just take breaks when I feel the need cause we go to this every year and I hate to miss it, but anyway. I used my sisters stroller last summer (for my then 2-2.5 year old), but was going to by my own this year. The thing is I can't decide on a single stroller for just the baby or a double stroller for my new baby and my (by that time) 3.5 year old? The thing is with my almost 6 year old she was out of a stroller by 2 because she hated it so she would walk with you and hold your hand although with her that little I always brought a stoller incase her little legs got tired, but she never used it lol. She wouldn't even go into a shopping cart. But my now 3 year old is so bad if she isn't in a cart or stroller. She is all over the place so when we go to crowds like the zoos and fairs I use one on her to be safe because you can't keep up with her, plus I will probably be the one to keep up with her at the fair and it will be kind of hard when it will be so close to having the baby, but I really want to go. But I also don't want to buy one to only use for that month then turn around and not need a stroller for her the next year. So my question is how long can you have them in a stroller for? And what is the weight limit on a double stroller?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 1:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• We went to Cedar Point amusement park last year and friends that were with us purchased a stroller for their two year old. His weight at the time was thirty pounds. The box the stroller is purchased in should have the weight limits posted on it.
    childsupport911

Answer by childsupport911 at 1:12 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• It's really different for everyone. Some people use a stroller until their kid's like five. I know my son will hardly go in one anymore and he's three. Of course sometimes he has no choice, but if they go to a mall or something they won't use one. By they I mean my ex or my parents. I don't even have a stroller for him, so it's entirely out the question when he's here.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 1:13 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Oh, my boy is 2 and weighs about 40 lbs (he's really, really tall). . . . he is still in a stroller when we are out because he is an explorer at heart . . . . it takes forever to actually get places when he is wallking because he loves to see and touch everything.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I used one for my oldest until he was almost 4 - he has autism and was a terror out of his stroller, but would sit very well in the stroller. Not sure what the weight limit was, but I doubt he was much over 30 lbs, he was little. That was 10 years ago. I now have a 2 yo and an infant - I bought a BabyTrend double sit n stand and I love it! It comes with two regular stroller seats, but then you can pop the back one off and it becomes a regular sit n stand. The weight limit on the "jump seat" is pretty high, but I'm not sure of actual specifications, but it might be something for you to look at that would last you longer than a regular double stroller.

Answer by missanc at 1:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

that is exactly how my dd is lol. If your is 40 pounds then I know I can use it for her because my dd is 32 pounds, but she is also shorter than her sister was at her age (her sister was tall lol).
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 1:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Yes. LOL! He is bigger than the weight limit . . . . but they just don't make baby things to fit my little giants. I am really strict about the car seat limits, but the stroller one is something that I push.

ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:23 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• How about purchasing a wagon? My son fit in his until he was 6. It can be used for your child to play with or use in the garden,etc until the next kid rides in it

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:33 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• ya but then I still have to buy a stroller for the newborn who will only be a couple weeks old. I can't push one and pull one lol.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 1:40 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• If I am going on really long walks, I will still push a small umbrella stroller along with us in case my 5 year old gets tired. She uses it on those long walks to push her doll around in and then, if she needs it, she will sit for a bit and then walk again. The weight limit on it is 45 pds I think.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 2:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2011