Would YOU live in this house??!!

Dh and our family are moving. We will be renting a town home for at least a year while my husband fixes the INSIDE of this home. As soon as he is done with the inside, we are moving in, and he will fix the outside. We would be living in this house a year, then we are going to put it up for rent. As soon as we rent this home out, we are going to buy another home.

I am a little annoyed at the thought of living in this home. First its OLD. Really really old.It was built in 1948.(FYI. I LOVE OLD HISTORIC)   Its a MAJOR fixer upper. No big deal if it wasnt so small!! We have four kids, and this home only has two bedrooms and ONE bath! And its only 2088 1115 sq ft.

Would you move your family into this home? Could YOU deal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• I'd probably go crazy. When my living situation isn't working for me, it really affects me! That said, if you trust your hubs to fix it up WELL and on time, I think I'd deal.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 1:41 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• There are 4 of us and we just bought a house with about 1150 square feet, no basement no garage.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:42 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• The size of the house vs. the size of your family doesn't sound like much fun but for the 3 of us it would work and yes as long as it was safe I'd live in it while we fix it up. It looks like it would be really cute once it's all done!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:44 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• That house isn't that old. The house I currently live in was built in 1893, so the age of your house doesn't bother me. I could even live with only having one bathroom because it would only be for a year. However, the fact that you have 4 kids & only 2 bedrooms would be a problem, especially if you don't have all one sex. Plus, so many people living so close for that long is going to cause problems, so if i didn't have to do it for financial reasons, I wouldn't.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 1:44 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• 2088 sq. ft. in a 2 bedroom, 1 bath home? The living room and kitchen must be HUGE!
    Anonymous

• My husband is an AWESOME handy man! That man can fix anything! So when he says he see's potential, I usually trust him. I think it could be cute too! Im just worried at how cramped we will be!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• 2088 is ALLOT of square footage today. My home is only 1700 Sq feet with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. Would I live in that home? Id have to see the property disclosure first to see if it was built with asbestos or other unsafe structural problems. Old dosnt mean not good. Sometimes older can be better and with 2088 sq feet Im SURE you can convert one of the multiple family rooms or dining room into a bedroom.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• @ ANON:: i have never even seen the inside of it. My husbands mother bought this house as a vaction home, and dh is buying it from her...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:46 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• i would take what i could get my SO is a handy man so im sure we would be fine :D
    Anonymous

• OMG. scratch that. It doesnt have 2088 sq ft. (i googled the wrong address number!!) It only has 1115 sq ft!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2011