Hair question

My normal color hair is blond but it is getting darker as I get older and am thinking of having it colored but should I go one shade darker then what it is(it would be considered light brown) or lighter( it would be considered medium blond)? Suggestions would be nice I haven't had my hair colored in awhile and want something different that would help lift my spirits.  I don't want highlights don't like the way they look

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 1:40 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• The general rule is to not go more than 2 shades different either direction. I am thinking with summer ahead, some lighter highlights would be nice. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 1:42 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• lighter,darker tends to make us look older

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:44 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Ask a professional when your AT the salon. Short of seeing your pic there's no way to tell if darker or lighter would look better on you. My advice? Just get lots of highlights in your hair. Why dye ALL of it?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:42 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• You can go any shade darker you wish.....just make sure it's what you want, once you color you rarely manage to ever stop. lol, i've been dying my hair since I was 12
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I's stick to lighter because when your roots come in lighter roots look worse than darker roots.

but go to a salon, they cab determine your natural level.. and go from there.. i'd probably go a shade lighter than your natural.

to help decide the tone you'll want to go by your skin tone and eye color to determine that. if you want help pm me, i'm a stylist
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:52 PM on Mar. 18, 2011