A ? for the Christians...

Ok i know this might b a dumb ? but have you ever sat down & thought about how in the Bible it says that when we die we will have eternal life & live forever. Ok i don't know about you but this kind of scares me in a way. Just to think i will live forever & ever to never die & be gone always creeps me out. Anyone else?

iluvmykidsxoxo

Asked by iluvmykidsxoxo at 1:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Have you ever had a day you wished would never end it just felt so perfect. That's how I envision eternal life in the kingdom. Being so perfect you would never want it to end.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 1:48 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I agree, I don't know what it's like upstairs, but I know when I get there I will never want to leave. I will be with the Lord and my family and friends, they are waiting for me. Eternal life sounds so great to me, to be able to not have a worry in the world, and just full of love. yes, i am scared to die, but i know it's going to happen regardless.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 1:54 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• You only get eternal life if your Saved through Jesus. Even then Im not sure you get to live forever. When you die the piece of God thats your soul goes back to God and your body goes back to dust. What made you, YOU is your soul and God's reclaiming that and no one knows if your even aware of it or not. Worse would be to be alive and aware in heaven even as a spirit and have to watch your loved ones live on on the earth. Either way Im not scarred of the what if's in life. Life's TOO short to be anything but happy.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:56 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Yeah - it's hard for me to comprehend eternity when all I've known (or at least all I remember) is mortality. Not having one ultimate goal or end is going to take a while to get used to.
    TikiWiki33

Answer by TikiWiki33 at 1:57 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• i believe that we will live forever on earth since in the bible it says that the righteous will reside forever upon it. I can imagine it to be like the life we have now, working, taking care of our families, traveling, w/o the worries of illness or death. So it doesnt scare me, i'm looking forward to it.
    gummybearmomma

Answer by gummybearmomma at 2:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• um..no, that's never been a concern of mine, much less a fear. maybe i've seen too many movies, but eternal (with no aging, no sickness, no sadness, all of the above) life seems kinda cool!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:17 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• No it does not scare me at all! Reading about what it is going to be like in the bible, I can hardly wait!
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 9:25 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• kayslay- You know that's a good way to put it.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Comment by iluvmykidsxoxo (original poster) at 1:58 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• TikiWiki33 -Exactly. I guess were so used to mortality & waiting to die it's hard to comprehend.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Comment by iluvmykidsxoxo (original poster) at 2:04 PM on Mar. 18, 2011