Stop gap bill passed, gove will continue to run till April 8th.

Both sides are saying they will not do another stop gap, and Obama is remaining uninvolved in the process.

So, girls, what are your thoughts on this? Should Obama be putting some pressure on? Also, this means no worries of federal pay being interrupted for the next twenty days.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 1:48 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I work for the federal government. I wish they would hurry up and come to an agreement on something permanent. This wondering from week to week if I'm going to get a paycheck sucks.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 1:52 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Both sides are saying they will not do another stop gap

They both say it's the other side's fault, too. Bottom line - putting pay at risk for the people who do real work in government (military, post office, etc) does not get you re-elected. They'll posture and whine until the last minute every time, and then make sure they get as close as they can to the last word and save the day.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:54 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Should Obama be putting some pressure on?

He said he wouldnt sign another stop gap...what exactly do you have in mids as to him getting involved?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:59 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• My husband works for the feds. We're both tired of this game of budgetary chicken.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 2:53 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I feel like now would be a great time for him to break out the beers and sit down and hash things out with the leaders of both parties.
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 2:58 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Well, the Budget and Accounting Act of 1921 requires the president to submit to Congress a budget and a request for money. I guess that PBO, though he didn't do that last year for this year, sent a budget for 2012 and he's done. Of to Rio, golf, NCAA picks, golf......he needs to stay in town, use that house he so wanted to live in, and show some interest. Yes, lovin', maybe a beer will keep him in town.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:36 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

yep get them drunk and they will be buddy buddy by night fall.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 6:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I hope they don't. Go ahead and shut down the government. If that is the only way we can stop the spending then so be it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 19, 2011