For those who are divorced, are you able to communicate with your ex?

tastymama

Asked by tastymama at 1:53 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• No, we're not. In our custody agreement it states that the preferred method of communication is email. Lack of agreement on anything was one of the main reasons for our divorce. If I could have lived peaceably with him, we would still be married.

Answer by missanc at 1:55 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Not with our circumstances.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 1:54 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• We actually hang out with the kids, chit chat on the phone, he attended my wedding and I'll attend his. We like each other a whole helluva lot more now that we're divorced.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:56 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• It took several years but yes..now my ex husband and I can communicate enough to be able to talk about our son and make decisions together reguarding him.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:56 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Nope, Even after all this time. We are both re-married but he is just a child when it comes to communication with the Ex.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:57 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Most of the time yes. We try to be 'friends" but I don't think we'll ever be able to be normal friends. Sometimes he really frustrates me and I have to back away for awhile
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 1:59 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Yes for almost anything regarding our daughter. The rest, somewhat. But, I am getting ready to tell him that I am getting remarried and I don't know how he will take that.
    It's also 6 days after what was our anniversary.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:00 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• No. We have a no contact order, and you know what? I'm much happier than I was before that came about. My son lives with him, but he gets babysat at my parents' house. I can't talk to him while he's with his dad, because he's only 3 and obviously too young to dial the phone and call me himself... so it's hard when he doesn't go to my parents' house for awhile, but I know it could be worse, so there are no real complaints here. I don't like his dad and he only wants to make things hard for me, so if we can't talk, we can't argue, and therefore, things are better.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Yes but it took time. We had no anger, when it came to our divorce it was totally mutual. We are better friends now than we ever were, we still do family holidays and events together. It's good for our daughter to see that we can still get along, support each other, still be a family and do whats best for her and ourselves. Although it does make dating a little tricky for us since most people don't understand how we get along so well.
    hhmomof4

Answer by hhmomof4 at 2:32 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• It's been almost three years since we spoke. I think it's best for everyone involved. We never got along and I doubt we ever will.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 2:36 PM on Mar. 18, 2011