Woman kills daughter durring exorcism...

You have to watch this video...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nantucket-massachusetts-mom-accused-killing-toddler-daughter-exorcism/story?id=13158775

The saddest part is I honestly beieve she thought she was doing the right thing. If anything this woman belongs in a mental hospital, not prision (IMO), but no matter her mislead intentions the poor child is dead...

What are your thoughts?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 2:06 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• This is what happens when we look to religion instead of reason.

This is so sad and so infuriating. I don't think this woman belongs in a mental hospital- she belongs in prison. There isn't anything mentally wrong with her. She needs to be held accountable for what she did. What she did was murder in the name of GOD.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 2:13 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I'm sorry, but anyone who honestly believe their use of drugs and tarot cards means their 3yo daughter is possessed to the point that they do something like this is clearly mentally ill...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 2:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• idk if she was drug-induced or religious, but she is ill, that's for sure.
    and will probably be put in a hospital, rather than a prison for murder. shame.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:26 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Yep, I think she's nuts too. I mean I believe in deliverance but you don't do it that way, you don't put rose petals or your fist down the persons throat. And purging a house is one thing that pretty much anyone can do but delivering a person is something completely different and should be done by someone that knows what they're doing for sure. Even when it's done right you still have to be very careful and often have to stop and continue days, weeks, months, etc. later. It's not something that should be done all at once. But I figure that she's just nuts and the poor child was just being a toddler. This is just sad.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• She is totally insane.The only door that all her drug use opened was a door to mental insanity.Just from watching the video you can tell she truly believed what she said was happening to her.Mental Hospital.Throw away the key.
    That poor little girl :(
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• possession does not exist. there are thousands of mental illnesses and physical illnesses that have been played off as possessions. exorcisms are a money making SCAM and i'm sure that all the epileptics and schizophrenics(treatable diseases) who were killed during their exorcisms would agree
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• This is insanity wearing a mask of religiosity. I don't normally buy insanity defenses, but it does seem like the real deal in this case. That poor child...
    TikiWiki33

Answer by TikiWiki33 at 2:59 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I hope if there are any other children in her custody they have been taken away from her. People like this so-called mother truly worry and frighten me. I am worried about the harm they might do to themselves and the status of their overall health and frightened that something like this could happen and another could lose their life over the psychosis of another. There simply aren't enough padded rooms.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:22 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I think the woman was mental unstable. They say she told them at one point she thought she was putting a rose in the childs mouth then realized it was her fist. NO sane person mistakes there own hand for a flower. Not even for a second. This entire article is so sad for so many reasons. First and foremost the death of an innocent child.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I don't think the video and the article are directly related... The woman in the article spoke through a Spanish interpreter.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:26 PM on Mar. 18, 2011