What can a 6-7 month old do outside!!

The weather is getting really nice out and my older two kids (3,2) want to go out and play. we just moved into a new apartment with a big almost completely fenced in back yard. I'm looking at new outdoor toys to get my kids and I'm stumped when it comes to my 6-7 month old! I'm getting a swing but I know he will get bored with it after awhile and leaving him indoors isnt an option, fyi. thank you for the suggestions!!

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 2:12 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A small plastic baby pool, as long as you are going to be in it with them. My 8 month old loves sitting/splashing in a small amount of water. Also, sometimes on craigslist you can find those plastic climbing cubes for cheap that he/she will be able to use before the summer is over.

Answer by missanc at 2:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I used a walker, she loved it. the swing is great too. you could alway set up a playpen outside in the shade. Depending on how mobile he is a blanket on the ground with a few toys may entertain him for awhile.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• he's just starting to crawl, and I never thought about the playpen or walker!! I already have them LOL thank you!
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 2:19 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Just sit him on the grass with a few indoor toys.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:34 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• let him crawl around like mompam said, or if you're worried about dirt lay down a picinic blanket or bring out the play pen
    ilovemymonsterr

Answer by ilovemymonsterr at 2:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Swing. My son loves swinging in his baby swing. You can buy one to attach to a tree or just take him to the local park.
    Jeannie721

Answer by Jeannie721 at 4:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• a rubber ball and some big tonka trucks will be lots of fun for all the kids.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:02 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Thanks for all the ideas I had this ? myself and now I have some ideas on what I can do.
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 1:39 AM on Mar. 19, 2011