What other energy drinks can I drink other than coffee?

So I work at starbucks and we are full of caffenated drinks. Which wake me up no matter how much sleep I've gotten. Now, I'm pregnant and I can't drink caffeine I know I can go decaf but do any of you know of any energy drink with out caffeine that I can drink for energy. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 11:48 PM on Nov. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you can drink a little coffee every once and a while it wont hurt you just dont go crazy and drink a gallon a day, my mom drank a cup everyday prego with me
    Anonymous

• Nooo you shouldnt drink energy drinks when you are pregnant because of the other stuff they put in them. you can have a certain amount of caffeine a day but cant over do that.
    Anonymous

• You can have something like, 300mg of caffeine a day and still be safe :)

I personally was too scared to drink coffee, but I let myself have one soda a week, hehe.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I am an RN..... U really shouldnt drink any of them.... but u can have up to 400 mg of cafine a day
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 11:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• yeah you can have 300 milligrams of caffeine a day. (for a regular pregnancy) i dont really drink much soda, or caffeine, but ill have a starbucks coffee one a month or so....
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:52 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• You can have caffeine, so it's not that you're limited to coffee. It's the AMOUNT of caffeine. Drink what you like, in moderation.

About two Pepsis, three cups of coffee (or one Venti Starbucks, since it's two espresso shots). I'm drinking my Venti White Mocha Peppermint latte right now. ;)
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 12:22 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I used the 5hour energy decaf when I was pregnant. There is very little caffiene in them and they do the trick. There are loads of B vitamins and niacin in them...maybe ask your obgyn if it's okay before you use them! Any other energy drinks I would stay away from though!!!
    bamaunicorn

Answer by bamaunicorn at 12:32 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I completely gave up coffee right before getting pregnant as a just in case (it was shockingly easy to do when I thought about the little one growing inside) and have just started having one cup a day (Baby is 3 months). The most recent studies are showing that less caffeine than they originally thought is safe, so if you can give it up completely, it's all the more better.

Try apple juice, it's been known to work womders! Lots of water will be beneficial as well.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:41 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I too worked at Starbucks when I was pregnant. I just got used to drinking my drinks decaf. A little caffine will not hurt your baby. Just slowly wean yourself off of it and you won't feel so tired. Plus...you're gonna be tired with or without caffine. Good luck!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:17 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I drank as much coffee and soda as I wanted with each of my pregnancies without any problems. I'm not saying it's the rule to base your decision on but I personally do not think if you have a cup of java a day you are going to do any harm.

FTR: Less Soda for me but I had several cups of coffee every single day while I was pregnant. All three times.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:03 AM on Nov. 25, 2008