Do you think

that the world will really come to an end because a being that lives in the sky will destroy it?

Acid

Asked by Acid at 2:38 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Nope, I sure don't. Even as a Christian the idea of the "end of times" or the thought that God would do something like that seems erroneous to me...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• No, I am pretty sure mankind will destroy the earth
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 2:50 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• No, I don't believe in any beings in the sky.

When the world ends, it will be due to natural causes and natural cycles within the Universe. I believe nothing is permanent. When humans cease to exist, it will be due natural causes or because we do something stupid. I don't believe in any religious 'doomsday' or 'end of the world' scenarios.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 2:50 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• No
    l.o.v.e

Answer by l.o.v.e at 3:05 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Nope! I do believe that eventually the sun will blow and take us with it... All stars eventually blow... But that's literally BILLIONS of years off and has nothing to do with religion...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:13 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Maybe you should have tagged this as "End of World Christians" because aside from that particular group I don't know of anyone who thinks it's the end of the world and I can only speak for myself but I am getting really tired of the end of world questions.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:18 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Nope. I have enough faith in mama earth that even after we go kaput she will keep thriving.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Who or what is a being in the sky? I was unaware that a being inhabited the sky- are you talking aliens? Are you referring to a God? Does anyone think a God is a being that lives in the sky?
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 6:03 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• No..but who really knows. Anything is possible, I guess.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 8:18 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Maybe if we're talking about aliens lol. I really think that people are going to be the end of the world, honestly.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:58 PM on Mar. 18, 2011