For those who live or have lived in Oregon...

My husband and I are planning on making a move in the next year or two...during the time we have been together (almost 7 years) we have lived in the same area as one set of our parents (currently we are in UT next to my parents) and although it has been lovely to have their constant support we really feel that we need to be our own family unit for a while...several years if at all possible :)...anyway we have been doing some research online and we both like the idea of Oregon...its got mountains and beaches, we all love thunderstorms and rainy weather, it just sounds like a great place to shoot for...I was wondering if any of you that live or haved lived there can give us an idea of what your experience there was like...what areas are nice to live in...do or did you like the people...what are the school systems like...are there alot of recriational things to do...do they have a high cost of living...is there a strong cultural presence there... ya know all that jazz I would be greatful to hear any and all perspectives!! thanx in advance

pregoagain2010

Asked by pregoagain2010 at 2:44 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Travel

• Ya I agree with musicmom08...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 11:44 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Use the following tool to get an idea. Moving is a serious venture make sure you do your home with the school system and the location on where your purchase or rent a place.  GL

This page will help you find the best place to live and move to. Here you can compare cities which can help you choose the best place to work or best place to live and more! This information will help answer your relocation questions and relocation needs.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:29 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• bump

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 9:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2011

• Really depends where you live in Oregon and how much money you make, frankly. If you can find employment. It's not really cheap in several parts. Portland for example is a tad pricey for real estate but you can commute out a ways using their rail system called Max. Might be cheaper for housing away from the city. It's been a while since I was there but it's where I grew up. I was raised in Salem which I find incredibly depressing and do not recommend. I went to college in Eugene which is a great town with a lot of culture, good food, decent schools, etc. If you can get work in Either Eugene or Ashland/Medford area, those are good small towns and great for weather and raising kids. Monster.com has a city by city comparison and you can plug in your current salary and it will tell you what you need in the other city. Oregon is environmentally aware, which is good. My girlfriend who lives in Gresham bitches about the schools. Rese
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:52 PM on Mar. 20, 2011