Do you think it's okay for two (unmarried) people to have sex, even if they have known each other for only a short time?

"In the UCLA survey [of college freshmen, nationally], a record low of 39.6% of students (down from 51.9% in 1987) agreed that 'it is all right for two people to have sex, even if they have known each other for only a very short time.' "

Where do you stand?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 2:52 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• If two OTHER people want to have premaritial sex I think that's okay. I couldn't care less what others do with their own bodies.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 2:55 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Now if it's my kid I might answer differently:)
    Aquarius80

• I don't see a problem with it, as long as they are both of or over the legal age of consent and they are doing things safely, I don't see the big deal. But I'm usually the most liberal person I know...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 3:00 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Its not something I would choose for myself. I think too many people take sex lightly. It should be something done between people who truly care each other, but thats how I feel. I cant make other peoples choices for them.
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 3:06 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• same here i don't see it as a problem, so long as they are both taken precautions. and they recorded college freshman at a university what did they think they were going to say.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:20 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I've had one night stands.... not saying I'm proud of it but shit happens... I honestly couldn't care less unless the had a STD and were spreading it on purpose
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• i dont see a problem with it as long as they use tons of protection and understand that if a condom breaks they can get diseases as well as become pregnant. people should talk about sex before they have it, get tested, take about where they stand on pregnancy before they "do it"
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 3:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Lucky, I would think many many more of them would think it was okay... I mean 39% of them is a rather low number, I think...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 3:33 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• What 2 CONSENTING ADULTS do is their business and not mine. Premarital sex is ok with me. If it wasn't I wouldn't have my amazing son.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I have never be an advocate of recreational sex, in my opinion sex is meant to be between two committed individuals. I know I am in the minority in that opinion so I guess I am a little surprised the number is only 39%
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2011