To tell or not to tell?

if you had a disorder, would you tell your friends? why or why not

Liz4Life

Asked by Liz4Life at 2:56 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Health

• Depends on what the issue was and how good a friend.
    Mammaw0604

Answer by Mammaw0604 at 2:58 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I suppose that would depend on what kind of disorder. If it were something managed by medicine and I had it before I met them, probably not. If it were something I were currently going through and trying to get diagnosed, then probably. However, it depends on what kind of disorder you were thinking about.
    Sonnut

Answer by Sonnut at 2:58 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Depends on the disorder. If it's something tht could be life-threatening, yes I would tell. It's on a need-to-know basis.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 2:59 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Yes, but let me be clear when I say, I can count my friends on two hands...I have plenty of acquaintances that I wouldn't even attempt to tell. Friends however can help you through many different things, and your health is one of them. I have a "disorder" that I make sure all of my friends know about because it impacts my moods, my ability to communicate, and puts me in pain, that they would otherwise not understand.....My friends have helped me more than my family in the bad times.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 3:00 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• it depends on the disorder and how good of a friend. My bestfriends probably
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Depends on the issue and the friend. No pat answer for that question.
    erinsmom1964

Answer by erinsmom1964 at 3:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• If I have a disorder (and I do) it's nothing to be ashamed of. I didn't make myself get it, and I didn't give it to myself. Plus, I feel like most disorders are misunderstood and need more air time, and more people need to see what someone who actually has it is like.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:17 PM on Mar. 18, 2011