Weird bumps "down there" - Maybe TMI adult content

So I've noticed in the last few months or so that I have these weird bumps "down there". At first they'd just appear when I'd shave, so I figured it was from that, but now I have them more...down my legs in that area, and they've stopped appearing above my vagina, where they were before. They sort of look like zits, but when they pop, it's just blood.
I don't have any STDs, as I've only slept with one person for over a year, so it's got to be something else. They don't itch or anything, but they're ugly!
Could this be from shaving? My skin often gets irritated from shaving, especially down there, so is that possible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Health

• sounds like razor burn or ingrown hairs. When you shave "down there" always shave in the direction of your hair and afterwards put deoterant on it. I know it sounds weird but it works. Make sure you use a fresh razor.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I think it could be from shaving but your GYN will be able to tell you exactly what they are. Those areas are so sensitive and I can see how bacteria from a previous shave could cause a breakout.
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• This could be from shaving. Also if you have recently changed shaving cream or whatever you use, you could be having an alergic reation. Another thing to question, And im not trying to blame him or anything, but could the guy you've been sleeping with be cheating on you? Most likely it is from a lotion you use, shampoo, soap, shaving cream. If there is anything you have changed lately, read the ingredients and bring this to a Doctor to have your allergies checked!
    MarinesRmyLife

Answer by MarinesRmyLife at 3:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• We're not together, just friends, and we've been very honest with each other about other people. He has slept with someone else, but that was almost a year ago and this has just shown up within the last few months. That was my first thought, that he got something from her and in succession gave it to me, but now I don't think so. I don't have any other symptoms of an STD.
    Aside from that... I honestly haven't been shaving much "down there" - I only started just over a year ago and so I think my skin is still quite sensitive down there. I used to use better razors but now I use cheaper ones... might that affect my skin?
    Also, the most recent bumps are further down my leg (and I've actually noticed smaller, not as serious ones trailing down to my knee).
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I just looked up photos of genital herpes (since that's the only thing that would leave behind bumps) and that's definitely not what it is. These look nothing like ANY of those photos, thank god.

A friend of mine pointed out that I could have breakouts from starting birth control (I started a new one two months ago), and I've noticed more breakouts on my face too - maybe that could be what it's from as well?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Mar. 18, 2011