What are some tips about moving?

Im expecting, My fiancee is deployed. We need to have a house by April 7th, and need to be moved into that house by April 20th. I know its a crunched time, but funny thing is I was just infromed about this YESTERDAY! We are looking for big, 2 car garage maybe 3. Nice kitchen, possible a back porch, and if it has a pool thats fine. I would love for some tips on how to pick the PERFECT house. How to decide it's the one. Anything really. This is my first time moving! Currently we are living in the house my dad bought but never used. It's been farely nice! I will miss it, but it's time to move on. It's hard to get my fiancee's criterias, so all he's really said is that whatever i want he will be fine with. But I know he would really like a guys den. And probably a lot of backyard space. Thanks for any of the advice you can give me! Plus if you know what im asking for is probably a little expensive then please tell me and give me some guesstimates on prices:) thanks!

MarinesRmyLife

Asked by MarinesRmyLife at 3:10 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Make a comprehensive to do list, then break it down into time segments before the move.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 3:14 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Buy or rent? You can do a rental within that time frame; buying would be difficult because of the time it takes to get a home loan and close escrow.

Have you looked at neighborhoods in your new community? That is actually more important than picking the perfect house; you want to be sure you are in a safe area that has the things you want nearby.

Narrow down your neighborhood first... then start looking at what's available in your price range.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:17 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• You need a broker. Your order is tall and a broker has listings that can narrow down what you like and dislike. Good luck hope this help.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 3:18 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Well stop setting your heart on a big garage or special types of room. If your renting, your SOO NOT going to get those things. Be realistic. Look around the area of any home you think you like. Ask yourself. How far is the grocery shopping and mall. How far is the Dr. How far from family. If you have to commute how far is the highway and is it easy to get on and off. GO to the place at night and late at night. SEE what kind of things are going on with the neighborhood you are looking to move into. A place that looks great in the day may have hookers and crack dealers at night. GOOGLE the area for crime. You will know when you find the place you want.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:28 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• We have it pretty much narrowed down to about 6 houses. We are buying:) 2 of the 6 are in inclosed neighbor hoods! All are in school bus distance. @vbruno We have always wanted to go to a rural area, so the stores and mall are not close. But still a good enough distance. The rest of the neighbor hoods are very peaceful and calm. I have done the sexual predator thing online, it came with none in any of the neighbor hoods.
    MarinesRmyLife

Comment by MarinesRmyLife (original poster) at 11:25 PM on Mar. 18, 2011