Chore chart ideas?

So we are currently living with my inlaws. 6 adults, 5 children, several pets, large house. All other adults work, I stay home and do all the cleaning and cooking. But I also have to start homschooling our son who may be highfunctioning autisitc, and our preschoolers. They don't have preschool here, and since moving to this state our son has regressed (he was sent back to developmental preschool jsut 2 half days a week because of the cut of date for kindergarten in Idaho is different from mt. in mt he was in kindergarten 5 full days a week and thriving). I need to delegate chores. I need to have a system and organization that allows me the time to work with my kids and keep the house in order.

I want a fun chore chart idea for the kids. I will be talking to the other adults and seeing what we can come up with. I understand they work, but I cannot keep house for everyone, they need to pitch in as well.

But for the kids I need some good ideas. They cannot help with laundry as the laundry room is off limits per my in-laws for the kids. the ages are 7, 5, 4, 3 , and 1. of course the 1 yr old does not do chores. But the others currently do help as asked, but I need more structure so I can juggle all these demands without going crazy, and without sacrificing more sleep.

Any ideas would be wonderful!!

daughteroftruth

Asked by daughteroftruth at 3:14 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't know if it would be helpful but a friend mine found this site called goalforit.com and our kids really seem to like it. We're even doing it for ourselves and we came up with some rewards for ourselves. We get to go out to lunch together if we do a good job. I haven't come up with rewards for my kids yet, I need to work on that.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 3:20 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Do you think it would cause problems with the kids if we set up a chart and I let them choose a reward? Like my oldest likes to go bowling, while my daughter would prefer to have fingernail polish.
    daughteroftruth

Comment by daughteroftruth (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• love the chore charts on that website, I let the kids design their own and help pick out their chores. I like that I can just keep in on the account and not have to print anything off. Thanks a million!!
    daughteroftruth

Comment by daughteroftruth (original poster) at 9:54 PM on Mar. 18, 2011