Who handles the finances?

You, SO, or someone else?

I do ours

vjoaquin

Asked by vjoaquin at 3:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Money & Work

• I do ours. He is informed and has input but I handle all the money.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:32 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Although I tell him what needs to be paid I don't physically handle the account (unless I'm spending ^.^). My husband was having trouble understanding the word "budget" so I put it all in his hands. Now he has an easier time of understanding what we can and can't afford.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:33 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I used to, but (i dont know what happened to that) now he does...
    lilliedoll

Answer by lilliedoll at 3:41 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Oriaonsgirl: That's how I ended up doing the budget and paying the bills-Dh had no concept of such things! Lol. Glad yours is learning. Mine is still... Well, 31 going on about 16 when it comes to money.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• My husband and I both handle the finances as we keep separate accounts. We both work full time, and we have divided up the bills and each have certain ones that we pay on each month.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:47 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I do. I pay all the bills, manage all the accounts, monitor our balances, and arrange for all the loans, mortgages, cars, etc.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I do. Our checks get deposited into the same account, and from there I will keep what we need for bills into the account and disburse the others to our savings and or investment accounts. We are both part of the budget making processes, and he does manage the more "hands on" investments. We are both aware of all the money "statuses"...I'm just the one that physically writes the checks and makes sure things get paid on time.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I do.. I handle all aspects of our finances : bills, savings, investments, retirement accounts... all of it.

I love my husband dearly. He is a wonderful man with many great qualities.. Handling finances, just isn't one of them.. He royally sucks when it comes to finances, always has and most likely always will.. He has shown over and over again during our (coming up on) 26 years of marriage, that he just really does not have the head for finances.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• We both have a say in the budget- but I'm usually the one that pays the bills, balances the check book, etc.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 6:12 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I do ours too
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 6:42 PM on Mar. 18, 2011