Technology savvy i am not

i really do for lack of a better word suuuuck at working with computers/playing video games/working dvd players/ect.

im not even kidding when my daughter was 3 she kicked my ass at tomb raider,now shes 18, has a child on the way(a little boy) and is still more advanced at computers then me.....she even surpassed my ex husband, they have been having their wireless internet stolen since Christmas and my ex husband was trying and trying to figure out how to put a password on the wireless so random people cant steal it, so today my daughter asked for my ex husbands computer password to scan ultrasounds into the computer and upload them on facebook or something that, she was just looking through the internet options thing and opp she finds out how to put a password on their internet, not to mention she still kicks my ass at tomb raider and knows all the tricks for the game

i have no idea how she learned how to use a computer or technological stuff like this because she wasnt allowed to play on the computer, except for that once where she kicked my ass at tomb raider, she can figure out whats wrong with a tv for crying out loud, and fix the laser in a dvd player, she wasnt allowed to watch tv when she was a kid, i knew she was smart but i have no idea where all this came from lol

so my question is are your kids better at computers/fixing stuff/video games/ect. and where do you think they learned it from?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Technology

• I think its because they grew up in the age of technology
    I was 7 when Atari came out. Real advanced there! Now kids play stuff we never could have done at that age. Its 2nd nature to them

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:38 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• My 5 year old is already skilled with a computer. By the time she is in hihgschool I am going to have my hands full and I'm not exactly computer illiterate either. My dad works on computers for a living so I've grown up with them my whole life and my child is already almost as good as I am.
    In your case, I know that many schools these days do require computer knowledge and teach courses as well so perhaps she picked up some basics there. Aside from that it is just learning and research on how to do it. Because they start out so much younger with working with computers they are able to learn much more. They also have mastered wikihow and google!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:55 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I am fifty, and very technologically savvy. I have run small computer networks; replaced hard drives and added memories to PCs, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:06 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I am a little computer savvy ;-) and try to keep up. There is so much out there and constantly upgrading it hard to keep up at times. I do what I can.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 20, 2011

• Seems like they pick up technology by osmosis!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2011