Is the upgrade worth it?

my hospital offers an upgrade where you get a whole bunch of stuff like a robe, baby pjs, real steak for your partner, 25 dollars for spa services, a free portrait of baby, and LOTS of other very nice stuff.
the only problem is that it's like $200

what do you think?

ilovemymonsterr

Asked by ilovemymonsterr at 3:36 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If you can spare the $200, it sounds nice, otherwise....not necessary.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:46 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• If you have it to spare, it sounds nice!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:37 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I second mompam...I mean all that for $200 doesnt sound bad. Now how big is the steak and what size is the picture lol The newborn pictures where I live are like $125 for a package.
    PurplWildFlower

Answer by PurplWildFlower at 3:44 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• No I don't think it's worth it. I was in the Hospital for 3 days, I didn't have time for a spa service nor did I want one. My D/H was exhausted & really how can you enjoy a steak dinner in a hospital? YUK! That's my opinion unless I am misunderstanding something here.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:48 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I'd be kind of disturbed that my hospital is offering "upgrades" to what are essentially medical services. I can tell you that whatever robe, steak and whatever else they give you were most likely donated. So for them to be asking you to pay $200 that can't be billed to insurance for stuff they didn't pay for seems....kind of wrong to me.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:00 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• the steak is filet mignon so it's rather small but beats salisbury (there's also the option of salmon or roast chicken).
    the picture is 8x10
    and the spa services are good for longer than your stay at the hospital, so if preferred you can come back
    ilovemymonsterr

Comment by ilovemymonsterr (original poster) at 4:11 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• shoot id say its worth it!! i would love to have a spa day sounds amazing!
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 5:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• heck yes i would! i think you should pamper yourself and the father after going through child birth :)
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 7:58 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Take the $200 and treat yourself to a great dinner together after the baby is born.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 8:08 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Id do it! You dont know when the next time youll get to enjoy those services will be!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 10:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2011