What would you do, would you visit them too?

Ok, I live 1200 miles from my divorced parents. Divorced for over 20 years. They live withi 30 minutes of eachother. My mom is sending me money for me and the kids to come visit them for a week. What is the etiquette? Should I go see my dad? How much? Dad doesn;t even know I am coming as of now...we just decided to do this today and I will be leaving in the morning.

My dad will find out that I was visiting. I don;t think my mother will mind if I visit him...to the extent might be an issue?

What would you do?

mom2queenie2004

Asked by mom2queenie2004 at 3:37 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• Go visit my dad :)
    PurplWildFlower

Answer by PurplWildFlower at 3:38 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Of course visit him if you are that close!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:39 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• i would definitely visit my dad, specially if I had a close relationship with him.....and may even split my trip between them both.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 3:40 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Yes, you should go see your dad to. Spend a day with him.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• If it were me I would go and visit dad as well.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:44 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Call him and let him know you are coming. He may have plans. If he knows you are going to be there, he will set aside time for you. Then, you can let your mom know when you will be going to see him. She should have no problem with that.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 3:47 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Absolutely I would make time to see dad.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Yes, you should visit him. Since you're staying with your mom, of course you're going to spend more time with her, but a couple of lunches or an afternoon/day visit or two with your dad wouldn't be amiss. You'll be there anyway, and with that much distance, I'd imagine it's pretty hard to make trips, especially with kids. You never know when you'll get another chance.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Visit dad.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 3:52 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• i would go and visit your dad, take either half a day or a whole day and let your mom know, she may not like it but he is your dad and you need to visit him and have him see your kids too.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 4:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2011