Do you think this is realistic weight loss goals?

I am trying to make goals for myself during weight loss. This way instead of looking at the big picture I just need to look at the short term. I have always lost weight quickly when I am putting all of my effort in to it. I also slowed my weight loss goals as I get smaller. My current weight is 240. What do you think? (Some of the odd dates are special occasions)

April 1st 230

May 1st 215

June 1st 200

June 23rd 192

July 24th 187

August 1st 175

September 1st 165

September 22nd 160

October 1st 155

November 1st 150

December 1st 145

January 1st 137

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• yes!!! in 2009 i was 186 then got down to 117 by 2010 got prego with my 3rd baby in february now 2011 back down to 113 :) now just time for toning up!!!
    mommyof3_21

Answer by mommyof3_21 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Do you realize that weight loss isn't steady? You will have times that it doesn't seem to go anywhere. Just keep going. I was told to start out trying to lose 10% of your total body weight. When you reach that, go for another 10%. You are looking at 4 lbs per week. That's not easy. But if you feel you can do it, give it a try. If it's too hard, lower your goals. Play with it the first month. See what's right for you, then stick to it. GO GIR"L !!!
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 3:44 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• NO...and let me explain why...because you haven't taken into consideration the plateau's you will hit, the ups and downs that are completely normal and the emotional impact not hitting a goal will have on you. You should honestly figure about a loss of 2 lbs a week...and anything more than that would be extra and a tremendous award for you...remember that some weeks you will lose inches and no weight....specially if you are working out...make small goals and go from there...Good Luck...I am still struggling with my weight loss and just recently found out the meds I am on make you gain weight, and will rarely let you lose it....also take into affect that you will gain right before menstruation and lose it afterwards. Brightest Blessings.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 3:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Yes it is. A healthy weight loss is about 1-2 lbs a week, so about 8 lbs a month. If you are losing weight under doctors care, it could be realistic. But just an average weight loss/diet, no it's too much at one time.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I do
    PurplWildFlower

Answer by PurplWildFlower at 3:39 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Yes, why not?

Answer by older at 3:40 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• seems realistic enough to me
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 3:41 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• It depends on what you plan to do to get to those goals. I think that is completely obtainable if you have the right diet and exercise plan in mind and your realistic about how much work it's going to take.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 3:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• The loss from July 24th to August 1st is 12 pounds in 8 days. That's way too much. Some of the others are pushing it, but perhaps you can do it with enough commitment and dedication. Good luck!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Your timeline and incremental goals seem to be fairly realistic, but healthy weight loss also depends on a variety of other factors. Are you under the care of a doctor? Are you following a specific diet plan? Do you have a support system in place to keep you motivated? All of these questions are important to ask yourself when embarking on such an important journey. Good luck!
    jewleedotcom

Answer by jewleedotcom at 3:46 PM on Mar. 18, 2011