MIL pissed me off again! (vent)

So MIL asked last week if she could take DD for the weekend....I'm not going to lie...already I don't want this to happen....everytime DD goes over there for the weekend she comes home acting like a spoiled brat! All of a sudden she doesnt know how to put her clothes on right anymore, can't remember what shoe goes on what foot, doesnt want to do as she's told...it's like she regresses everytime she goes over there, but I can't think of a "valid" reason to tell her no so I say yes, she can have Kelley for the weekend.

So MIL makes this whole long 10 minute production about how she will pick her up between 3:30 and 4:00 because that's when her stories go off or whatever. I say fine, she'll be ready then.

So today she calls me at 11:00 to tell me she's on her way to pick up Kelley....I'm like "I thought you said between 3 and 4 " She tells me that she told Richie (DH) that she changed her mind earlier this morning.....okay...Richie is at work. I am the one who is at home with Kelley, and the one who is going to be getting her ready....what I don't understand is why she would call HIM to tell him that she's coming earlier than agreed upon but she calls ME for every other little thing in the world...she literally calls me EVERY SINGLE DAY...why the hell wouldnt she call me to tell me that? Rich never told me about the time change, so me and Kel both are still in our pj's, I'm right in the middle of cooking so the kitchen is a freaking disaster area, we washed clothes last night so there are piles of half folded clothes all over the place....and she's telling me she's on her way.....and it's not just that...but she has this...tone in her voice like she needs Kelley to be READY and she's so dissapointed that I don't already have all her things together...she's like "well I guess I can wait there for a little bit while you get her ready" all reluctant like.....AAAARRRGGHHH

She just makes me so freaking mad! Yes. I know this sounds like such a little thing for me to have my panties all in a knot about but now I have to drop everything I'm doing to hurry up and make my house presentable and get Kelley ready bacause God forbid something as little as Kelley's bed not being made will warrent a snarky, smart assed comment!

AAARRRGGGHHH she pisses me off

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 3:47 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• call u'r husband at work and tell him to CALL HIS MOTHER AND LET HER KNOW THAT her changing the TIME with him doesnt work for you..... you are busy at that time and would have told her that herself IF SHE WOULD AVE CALLED YOU AS SHE DOES about everything else. Tell him to relay that back to her and if she wants to stick to the oiginal time then you'll see her then... if not... then you don't know if you'll be home. This is not a you tell me when , where and how and I say ok and how high do u want me to jump. stand your ground before she continues to prgress in this behavior.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 3:59 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Your better than I am because I would have told her next time to call the right person and I'll see you between 3 and 4.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 3:50 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• My MIL is great, but her son drives me nuts on time sometimes! LOL! He will call me and tell me he is on his way home with company with no warning, and I know the feeling of looking around me and seeing that the house is torn apart 6 ways and the kids and I aren't presentable. One friend of his is particularly pig-ish and will say things like "what did you do when you got home from work?" accusingly like I have just sat around all day long!

At least his friend is not someone who I have to deal with on a regular basis, nor is he particularly involved with your children...being that she is your MIL brings a whole new level of crappiness to the situation!

Grin and bear it, I suppose!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:05 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Why didin't you hold your ground and tell mil you won't be ready until 3? What would she have done? Maybe get annoyed and not take Kelly at all, which you've already said you prefer. Just say NO
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:28 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Be grateful that your MIL loves her granddaughter enough to be invovled in her life. Enjoy the break. My ex's mother, has NEVER taken any interest in my son's life...in 14 years. Never has and never will.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• No offense @tyfry7496 but I would rather her NOT be in my daughter's life....it would honest to God make everyones life easier...especially my own...I know that sounds selfish but there is no reason on earth my daughter should go over there, the independant little girl that I raised and come back a needy, whiny little brat....I have no idea what the hell she's teaching my kid but it's definatly not independance and obediance
    Lucky209

Comment by Lucky209 (original poster) at 4:03 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• i would have told her regardless when she supposedly called to let your husband know that she was coming earlier, tell her she needs to come at the original time she stated or dont' come at all seeing that you are not going to be rushing to get your daughter ready. and that you would appreciate her not doing that again. if she doesn't like tough. you don't owe her anything and this is your daughter not hers.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 4:07 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• You allow her to piss you off. If Kelly isn't ready to go and you're not ready for Kelly to go, drop Kelly of to your MIL yourself. If your house is a mess and MIL doesn't like it, then MIL can wait outside until Kelly is ready. Its always more than one way to skin a cat...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:04 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Your right @meooma....I'm a big chickenshit that's why! lol I am THE biggest people pleaser ever to exist....I wish I wasnt like that
    Lucky209

Comment by Lucky209 (original poster) at 8:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• It's not a little thing. You should have told her that she couldn't pick her up until the time that you and she agreed upon. You are her mother,she's the grandmother, , not the other way around. She should ask you if it's okay with you to pick the baby up early. It's just a matter of knowing her place and showing you the proper consideration and respect.
    debnich501960

Answer by debnich501960 at 10:46 PM on Mar. 18, 2011