baby stomach

My son has this lump in the middle of his stomach and it has concerned me. I have went to two pediatricians so far and they say it's his stomach muscles. Something about how his muscles aren't mature enough. They said it will go away with time but I'm still concerned and never have saw this. And in the same place there is a red spot maybe a strawberry birthmark? Any one have any similar incidents?

starbucks_mama

Asked by starbucks_mama at 12:34 AM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No experience on my children. But I had a strawberry birthmark on my lip as a child that did grow and had a lump under it. It was never surgically removed or messed with and eventually all but disappeared. You can only see it if I point it out to you.

I'd try and relax about it. If you've already gotten a second opinion and they are both saying the same thing, and it doesn't seem to be causing him any pain or discomfort I would just let it be, and watch it to see if anything changes.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:07 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I would get a second opinion. To me it sounds weird.
    zeebz

Answer by zeebz at 2:16 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Yup, second opinion.
    Raegy

Answer by Raegy at 3:44 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• i agree..another opinion! can they do an x-ray..not too healthy for a baby I know, but what it is could be worth the x-ray in the long run! Not to worry you, if 2 doc's said it's nothing to worry about I'm sure it's not..but don't gamble, I'd see what another doc say's!
    aidansmyheart

Answer by aidansmyheart at 12:50 PM on Nov. 25, 2008