How old...?

How old was your baby when they started trying to sit up? (when did you see they were trying to make effort to lift themselves)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The earliest that one of my LO's completely got into a sitting position on their own was 6 months, but would sit up if placed in that position at 5 months.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 4:18 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I don't remember right of hand but they we both on the later side of normal. The ped thinks it's because they were both very small.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:02 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I honestly don't remember, he's 5 now. But I do know allowing them to sit surrounded by pillows in case they fall makes them strengthen their core muscles more then constantly sitting them in something. You have to be around to catch, but independent sitting time free from gear that helps them is just as important as tummy time. If those core muscles are weak, it won't happen. Baby will get their eventually, and before you know it they'll be mobile too! Watch out :) LOL
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 4:03 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I was just curious because my baby is 2 months old and tries to pull himself forward with a lot of force and eagerness when he's sitting propped up already. If I let him grasp my fingers n lightly pull forward and he lifts himself with big smiles
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:12 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Wow, he's a strong little guy! Great for him :) Keep encouraging, balance and muscles strength play huge roles but I'd be willing to bet he'll be sitting relatively early. How exciting :)
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:02 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• 4-5 mos
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 11:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• My Chunky DS was 6 months My DD who was average was 3 1/2 months I did the pillow prop but also a Laundry basket works well Place LO inside the basket with back to back of basket and a toy infront. They love it!!! Stay right there of course. Or show them how to hold their hands in front to they dont fall :) Boppys are great to. Its amazing how strong little ones are My Latest addition is almost 3 months and he is Grabbing and using his tummy mussels to do mini crunches :) its adorable

yobabywazup

Answer by yobabywazup at 1:42 AM on Mar. 20, 2011