how can I get christmas help?

stressed_momof2

Asked by stressed_momof2 at 12:45 AM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• You can get help with gifts from your local salvation army or st vincents, just go there and sign up in the next couple of weeks.
    infor2

Answer by infor2 at 12:53 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• You can try the group Mom's who can't afford Christmas for their kids (I think that's the name). My family just got adopted by an amazing mama who sent out gifts for all three of my kids today! Our local salvation army has an angel tree, where you can add your family to the tree and someone will adopt you for Christmas. But while I don't care about my own pride, my girls are in middle and high school and if one of their friends saw their names on that tree, it would be horrible for them. That's why I'm so thankful for CM and the wonderful mama who adopted us. I'm also getting lots of hand-me-down clothes for all three kids.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 12:55 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• If your kids are in school they usually have the teacher refer them for receiving a "basket" it has food and all the fixings for a Christmas dinner and also includes 3-5 gifts. I had to do this last year and it was so awesome to get help! I was blessed to get a thanksgiving basket, it is so cool, a laundry basket with a ham and canned food and cookies. It makes me feel so humble to need help, seeing as I work at my sons school (just 15 hours a week) but I am very active in PTA and I think that's how they figured it out......"single mom, makes little money" etc. but it surprised me.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:27 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I went to the Community Action Agency in my town. The run operation santa. salvatoin army usually does that sort of thing too. but I would hurry because they have cut offs. THe cut off at the agency I went to is the 26th and a big sign that said "NO EXCEPTIONS". I've read that this yr this has been a higher number of appilcants then expected & they might run short on donations.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• meant to say NOVEMBER 26th
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• You can go the the salvation army and also your local churches and also your childrens school! And if you are a veteran of war or if your husband or boyfriend is a vet you can call up the veterans admits and ask them for help! You can also email people like Dr. phil and let him know what your situation is: just go too! www.dr.phil.com go to the dr.phil sows webstie and email him and robin and let them know what is going in your family! also you can go to the goodwill store or call them up and let them know that your family needs help!
    babyboomer1957

Answer by babyboomer1957 at 2:19 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Go to Toys for Tots.Com and then type in your zip code. It will give you the email of the person to contact. When you email them, tell them your kids names, ages, and boy or girl and your address and phone number. The first day to sign up for this is Dec 1st and they take emails all the way up till x-mas eve. They will deliver the toys to you.
    WishyClarkson

Answer by WishyClarkson at 3:19 PM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Try calling a local church. most churchs have collections.
    jessnsamimom

Answer by jessnsamimom at 12:39 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Good Luck this year. I think for most programs time has passed usually you need to start looking right after Halloween. So now you need to perhaps do some realy good sales, pare down what you would want to give them (I know already did!!) thrift and dollar store store ( I know YUCK!!!) have you got help with your gas and electric? Maybe get help with that this month so you can use some of the money for christmas???
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 3:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2008

• People Helping People in Crisis Group and Christmas Welcome Center are taking applications and mailed out 18 boxes of toys this year so far and the list keeps growing. Come on over and join us.
    UniqueDesire

Answer by UniqueDesire at 8:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2010