I had Leep done on the 21st. Are these symptoms normal?

Is it normal to still be having cramping from that right now? Also...the liquid bandage that they put on the site is kinda dangling almost outside of the inside of my body...can this pose a risk of infection? Didn't want to offend anyone by naming the body part! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Health

• I had light cramping for almost a week, so I'd say that's normal as long as it's not super painful. I didn't have a bandage though so I don't know about that one.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 12:51 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I was crampy & had a clear discharge for a week or so. No bandage though so I dont know what to say about that part.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I just had a LEEP done on the 12 but it was along with another surgery that knocked me out. I didn't have any bandage hanging out of me, I don't think I even had a bandage. I did bleed for a little bit and I'm still having drainage of some sort...kinda a clear/yellowish liquid. Its enough that I've worn a pad or panty liner everyday since.

I can't really pipe in on the cramping because like I said it was done at the same time as another surgery so I was in general pain for a full week. I'm 12 days out from the procedures and aside from my incisions I'm feeling just fine.

Although I did call the doctor today to verify that it is 6 WEEKS before its recommended to use tampons or to engage in intercourse.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:04 AM on Nov. 25, 2008