do you ever..

*SIGHS* i dont know do you ever feel like your children grew up so fast. my son is turning two on sat. and i'm looking at my old pics of him.. and it makes me sad that my little boy isnt so little anymore.. its actually bringing tears to my eyes.
if you could keep you child at one forever what age would that be?
i would pick 6 months, because their not completly independent but not completely helpless. i miss those days! :(

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 12:46 AM on Nov. 25, 2008 in General Parenting

• Well a few months ago I began to feel sad that my son was 6 and my daughter was 3....then next thing you know I am pregnant again...LOL..So I guess that was my way of solving the "they grow up too fast dilemma."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• My daughter just turned 8! So, yes, I get sentimental about their baby years at times-- I think all Mommys do. But, I wouldn't wish them back to any particular age. I have loved different things about each stage of thier development. Now, ask me that question again in a few years when they are teenagers, and I may have a different answer!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:50 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• My daughter is 4 now and she seems so huge, it sure was easier to pick her up before. I liked her at age 2, but she is sooo cool at every age. It is so fun when they can actually have a conversation with you, you will love him at every age for many reasons, hang in there.
    infor2

Answer by infor2 at 12:50 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• DH is 16 months. I would pick this age. Only completely potty trained.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 12:51 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• My son is 5 months, and I just can't believe how fast the time has gone. I know I'm going to bawl like a baby on his 6 month birthday, and every other one for that matter! I tell him all the time, "Stay just like this, this is perfect."
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 12:53 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• well if i could pick an age, it would be around 8 months, that way he can't run away from me, doesn't know how to say "no", or the even more annoyiong word "Diego"...lol. they do grow up so fast. every time i see an old pic of him i just can't believe how much he's grown. although, i'm proud of him and how he's growing up. although at times, he doesn't test the waters, he just jumps right in, he can be cute sometimes, and use his manners, like saying "thank you" when you least expect it, and i LOVE it when he runs to me and gives me a big hug and kiss.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:54 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• OMG! My *baby* turns 2 on Saturday as well. She's the last of all my children and yes, I constantly look at them and am amazed at how quickly they grow up.

But at the same time, why I'm sad to watch them get this big, I'm excited about the next stages in our lives. I'm excited to spend less time "caretaking" and more time doing things with each other. Big kid things. You know? Having real conversations. It's really cool to sit down with my oldest and just talk to her...already she has things going on in her little life that do not include me and daddy and I love that she shares that with me.

It's bitter sweet. Now that Layla is going to be 2 I'm struggling to smother that baby fever I tend to have creep up every once in awhile. I'm definitely done but there still that part of me that wants to hold on to being needed by my babies.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:00 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• My son just turned 18 beginning of november. I actually like him at this age. He can drive me places. And he can rent his own movies now. lol
    But really I think 4 mo. old. is a good age. They sleep through the night (well mine did anyway), they stay where you put them, and they are highly interesting in everything you have to say even if its boring.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 1:11 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• My son is 27 months. I feel like this year just started yet it is coming to the conclusion. I just wanna scream SLOW DOWN!!!! He is very independent. He is such a momma's boy! I can not even put a shower curtain between him and I. I love that he wants to help me do everything. He is a big help around here. He insists on helping clear the table and wipe it off, pick up all his toys. Best of all I am loving this age because those 4 beautiful words that still bring a tear to my eye "I love you mommy" . I think the only thing I was not big on when he was younger was the grunting to tell me what he wanted. I like that he can now tell me what he wants. It seems like yesterday i brought that little bundle of joy into the world!
    Caleb080906

Answer by Caleb080906 at 1:12 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My kids are 13 and 12 and I wouldn't go back if you paid me too. I loved my children as babies but now I can talk to them and they understand without a million questions about WHY. "WHY, why, why." I grew to hate that word. My kids developed Diabetes when they were 6 and 8 so I don't think I could handle hearing the words " your children have an incurable disease". Not for a second time, anyway. I don't get teary eyed over their baby pics, I do over the pics that were taken in the hospital when they were diagnosed though.

BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 1:14 AM on Nov. 25, 2008