*tmi* My sons poop adult content

I have never seen this my soon just pooped and it looked like he pooped out yellowish green jello
the poop is not solid and its gloopy
its also transparent
what is going on?

ps im new :)

Mrs.Graff

Asked by Mrs.Graff at 4:07 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh and also He has been spitting up a lot more than normal
    if that helps at all
    Mrs.Graff

Comment by Mrs.Graff (original poster) at 4:15 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Probably either something he ate, or if that hasn't changed some random intestinal virus. Push fluids if it's runny, since dehydration can set in quickly in LO's and keep an eye on it. I'd say if it still exists Monday call the pediatrician, but it's not ER worthy unless other symptoms pop up, like a rash, fever, things of that nature. 2 Year ago my son got some nasty intestinal virus, made him incontinent for 5 days and left him incredibly embarrassed. It was mucus-y and discolored and just really gross, but they couldn't tell me exactly what was wrong. It took about a week but his body eventually got rid of it. GL
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 4:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• its normal, its just from his "milk" whatever kind that may be... as for spiting up more, ask the doc about that, my son spit up so much ... come to find out, he had acid reflux, so i had to give him meds to help...
    lilliedoll

Answer by lilliedoll at 4:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• how old is he? usually poop can come out diffrent colors lol, as long as there ins't blood, it shouldn't be much of a concern. It depends on his age, if he's in that stage of starting to sit up, that makes them spit up, cause they're pressing on their tummy. If he's on solids maybe something didn't settle good with his tummy.
    emmasmama2007

Answer by emmasmama2007 at 4:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• he is 5 months old and breastfed
    his poop can vary in color but i never transparent
    hes been pretty fussy should i give him tylenol?
    Mrs.Graff

Comment by Mrs.Graff (original poster) at 4:31 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• hes been pretty fussy should i give him tylenol?

That's a question to ask his pediatrician. I personally would answer you know your son best, and if your mommy vibe says he's just not feeling up to par then yes. Others will scream no. The pediatrician's should have a nurse line, couldn't hurt to call and ask about the tylenol.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 4:34 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Thank you :)
    Mrs.Graff

Comment by Mrs.Graff (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Was this just a one time thing, with the unusual stool? Is he eating any solids? Getting anything at all, other then breast milk? This wouldn't worry me, at least not yet. I wouldn't give Tylenol unless you suspect pain. Stop into the Breastfeeding Moms group on here too, they might have more ideas about the stool situation.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:02 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• no solids and its been going on all day
    Mrs.Graff

Comment by Mrs.Graff (original poster) at 12:45 AM on Mar. 19, 2011

• I don't think this would really concern me, but like I said, check in with the moms in the Breastfeeding Moms group to get their take on it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:33 AM on Mar. 19, 2011