How do you deal with your "partner" whenhe's cranky?

Sage11

Asked by Sage11 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• I give him the "crabby hands" - which is just me putting my hands in front of his face making them look like claws and say "CRABBEEEEEEEEH" Which usually cracks him up and then we talk about whatever is bothering him.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 4:25 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I tell him he's being cranky and then don't bother him until he "gets over it"
    lilliedoll

Answer by lilliedoll at 4:16 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Either I ignore it or ask him when the last time he had a "dip," because it is normally a nicotine craving.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 4:18 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I tell mine to go take a walk. HE never does, but he then knows what a jerk he is being and cuts it out. Or I have sex with him to brighten his mood. Sex always works to cure the crankypants.

:D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:19 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I annoy him till he either gets cross with me or cheers up, he usually cheers up.
    DawnLauren

Answer by DawnLauren at 4:19 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I'll ignore it or me and my son will go run an errand.. he's pretty good about not letting it affect US when he's crabby..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:19 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I usually joke about it and call him "Scrooge" or "Old Grinchy". He laughs and then tells me that I'm the real Grinch. It usually helps to lighten it up.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:21 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I try my best to find out what is making him cranky (if I don't know what that reason is).. Then I always try my best to help him relax by doing things like:

sit down with him and just let him vent away and talk about whatever it is that is making him cranky (best way I have found for this so it doesn't become him just yelling and ranting is: I run him a bath, put him in it and while he's relaxing in a hot bath I sit and talk to him and listen to him vent..Since he's relaxing the venting doesn't come out yelling/angry/frustrated..etc..),

I encourage him to do activities that help him to relax like playing a video game, drawing, and others he likes to do,

I give him a rub down,

sometimes I just let him nap to release it all and get over whatever it is that's bothering him.

These are some of the things I do when my husband is being cranky.. I treat him how I would like to be treated when I'm cranky about something.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I just ignore him
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:17 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• i tell him that I don't know what happened, but he better not be pissy with ME. Then I ignore him until he gets over it. They are entitiled -- I mean we get bitchy all the time, right?!?!? ha ha
    isaboo22

Answer by isaboo22 at 7:52 PM on Mar. 18, 2011