After a couple of years of asking for help from your SO (around the house)...

Is it really that shocking that someday you might snap and yell about it because you're trying to juggle the house, school, kids, etc.?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 4:19 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• Amen Sister! All I ask of my DH is that he empty the trash, take out the scraps, and throw his clothes into the hamper. Guess which chores don't get done around here. Yep those 3..... Told him I'm going to find a daytime husband who works second shift so that between the 2 at least one of those chores might get done. LOL
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 4:37 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Nope, not shocking at all. I would have snapped long before that.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 4:37 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• LOL!

I don't want DH's help with the house work...he messes everything up and i have to do it over again anyways. DH cares for the yard, the pets, and does all the icky jobs, I do the housework & caregiving.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:23 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I don't think so. It makes sense to me. It's cause and effect. He's doing nothing or not enough of what you ask can cause you to blow up if the issue is not resolved before hand. I think of it this way if he treated his job that way he'd be fired. And I know men don't like taking "orders" from their wives/SO but look at the alternative. I mean it's either do a couple things around the house and have less to no problems or don't and be fighting about it later. But I think men often have trouble looking at the big picture.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 4:39 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Years? The snap would have come in DAYS. Indeed, it did!

Answer by gdiamante at 4:39 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I take care of the house, pay the bills, run the kids back and forth from doctors, schools, sports, friends, run my own business, mow the yard, and make sure any and all appointments are arranged when they need to be arranged...in turn my hubby goes to work and busts his butt for sometimes up to 18 hours a day..... I will complain to a close friend...but it's usually when I'm wound tight and stressed out..after blowing up to her, or yelling at one of the kids to pick up their toy that I tripped over for the umpteenth....I'm all better...he bowls on Monday and Wednesdays after work as his release....sometimes I get annoyed...but if it really bothered me that bad I would get a job and we would split all the chores.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• i did reach that snapping point actually. he helps now =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:00 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Nope, not at all shocking. In fact, from me it came much sooner.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:10 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I wouldn't mind if he did SOMETHING, but he does NOTHING except work and even HE says that he has one of the easiest jobs in the world and hardly does anything all day at work.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 4:26 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Good for you. If his job is so easy,he ought to trade places with you for a week.
    debnich501960

Answer by debnich501960 at 10:32 PM on Mar. 18, 2011