Are you the "other woman"?

Does it bother you or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• I am happily married now, but when I was young, I was the "other woman" for about a year. He was a co-worker. He claimed his marriage was "arranged". He claimed he was unhappy and that I was his soulmate. He claimed he had dreams about me as a boy. I turned away for years, and then became weak . . . I started to believe his lines and lies . . . and my heart became involved. He told me that in his heart, he was I always swore I would never be "that" woman. I hate that. But, I got weak and worn down. I wound up having to push him away and quit my job. He was sooooo persistant, and my life was not going forward. He would cry to me every day.
    I left that job and all of the people that reminded me of him.
    I have terrible guilt about it.
    But, I also know now that men who cheat are very controlling, dishonest, and they are very good at what they do. They take every woman around them and suck the life and happiness out of them.
    Anonymous

• No...the T.V. is.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:26 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• As far as I know.. I have never been the OW.

Not a position I ever see me putting myself in at this stage of my life.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:30 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Because I am married and love my husband so much it is truly heartbreaking to think that some woman are knowingly "the other woman". I don't know how they could do that.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:34 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• No!
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 4:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Nope..never would be the other woman either...I couldn't hurt someone else like that no matter how much I loved someone.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• knowingly dating a man with existing commitments to another woman? no thank you.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:59 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• No. Just me ;)
    dtMOM09

Answer by dtMOM09 at 5:13 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Yes I was the other woman BUT they were just dating & we were in highschool so its like that they had their marriage planned, kids, house...etc. She was in college (freshman 20) and he was a junior (17) We're the same age. I'm not saying what we did was right because cheating is never okay. Someone always gets hurts but I wouldn't change what we did. We both liked each other from freshman in highschool but we both started dating different people at the same time (10th grade). My relationship ended first. & he decided then he wasn't gonna let someelse catch me. He ended it right away with her after he knew I was interseted. 4 years later we are happy, we own a house, we have 2 beautiful children. I hate that she was hurt but she has admitted shes glad they broke up because she knew they weren't supposed to be together it was just convient because today she has her own family and is very happy.
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 5:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• No! are you? I would feel guilty, if i knew i was responsible for breaking up a family i am not sure i could handle that.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 5:49 PM on Mar. 18, 2011