What can I do??

My so got me lovely plastic yellow rose earrings as a present, their so tacky and big but I adore them so much but If I wear them for a few hours the next day the back of my ears get weepy:( I really want to wear them, anyone know what I can do to stop this. Thanks

DawnLauren

Asked by DawnLauren at 4:27 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• if you love the earrings you could always have the post redipped. it wouldn't cost much for such a tiny area.
    spastic_poodle

Answer by spastic_poodle at 12:53 PM on Mar. 22, 2011

• sounds like false advertisement on their part. if it hurts your ears i wouldnt wear them wo asking somebody what you should do in the dr field.cause you dont want ur ears to get infected from wearing them.there might be some kinda spray you can buy for the earing im not sure.best bet is to ask a jewely expert .i think.good luck!
    luckygirl2000

Answer by luckygirl2000 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I would just be honest about it . . . . so that he knows what kind of material is okay for your ears on future purchases.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:29 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• he doesn't mind if I dont wear them, when he bought them on ETSY he was told they were for sensitive ears but I dont think they were, my question is more about can I do anything to the earrings to stop them from messing up my ears..
    DawnLauren

Comment by DawnLauren (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I understand your quesiton but wouldn't it be better to get in touch with the seller and get your money back? GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:55 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• ya I emailed her but no reply, they cost like 8 euro so not worried bout the money. Just checking on line to see if their is anything I can do. Ive worn cheap earrings before and not have had this problem so I dunno what makes these so different.
    DawnLauren

Comment by DawnLauren (original poster) at 4:58 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• they were probably just plated and the plating came off (happens a lot with earrings)..
    i know with rings you can use clear nail polish when this happens but i don't recommend it for earrings. I know some places you can get plastic slip covers for them or addtional plating, but I'm not sure where.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:08 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• prob not that good of quality and your ears are sensitve to it i would not wear them
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 1:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2011