How is your 8 month old doing?

My son will be 8 months on Sunday and he's crawling, taking steps while holding my hands, eating his purees and sleeping pretty good. He still wakes up once or twice a night though...

walkintherain

Asked by walkintherain at 4:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have 8 1/2 mo old twin boys. DS1 only commano crawls, has pulled to standing at his crib though, eats well, holds his own bottle, refuses a sippy cup, and sleeps sporadically now that he's teething. DS2, crawling since just before 6 months, pulling to stand and letting go to stand, cruising around furniture, eats well, holds own bottle, and will attempt using the sippy cup, he sleeps all night 7pm to 6 am w/o fail unless he's sick.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 4:51 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• My youngest just turned 8 months on Monday. He's been crawling for awhile (started the army crawl at 5 months), sits up on his own, has almost mastered going from crawling to sitting on his own, has been sleeping through the night since 3 months, can feed himself, drink from a sippy cup, is starting to babble. He'll also take steps if I hold his hands and can pull up to his knees on the furniture but hasn't figured out how to get to his feet unless it's a small box (or the step stool in the kitchen).
    I think it's adorable when he follows me around while I'm cleaning the house or cooking...as long as he isn't whining to be held while I'm busy. He cracks me up. Oh, and he figured out how to clap last week and likes to roll himself up in his blanket (not a skill but very funny to see him rolling across the floor getting tangled in his blanket).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:34 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Sleeping through the night (12 hours), up on all fours rocking, standing holding on to things and walking holding hands, feeds herself, eating small pieces of food (cheerios, beans, etc.), can use a sippie, and does some great imitation (she watches her brother splash his hands in the tub, and then she will splash her hands, he thinks it's hilarious). Oh and plays peekaboo!

Answer by missanc at 9:53 PM on Mar. 18, 2011