Should I Let My Boyfriends Past Bother Me??

Should I let my boyfriends past bother me? He was married to his sister in law's sister for one year.Now divorced.He just now told me about this after we dated for 6 months and split up and now were back together again.The bad part is his exwife's son lives with his brother and my boyfriend still see's her son.It's not his son.It's her son.They didn't have kids together.Maybe that makes sense.It just upsets me that he's just now telling me about his exwife and how she was his sister in law's sister and his ex's son still comes around.Should I let this bother me?or am I overreacting?Just to clarify things.This kid is not his.It is his exwife's kid.They do not have kids together.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Mar. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• I am wondering if I am the only one who read the part that said they did NOT have kids together ....

I would be upset too... 1. because he waited so long to tell you and 2. It would be weird, almost like he is still "seeing her" when he spends time with her son ...

I mean you really just have to talk to him about it and make sure he doesnt have anything else he has "forgotten" to tell you ...
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 5:45 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• ok i'm confused... you're upset because he sees his son, or are you upset because he didn't tell you who his ex wife was.... He has a past either way, something by the sounds of it, you are going to have to get used to, if you can't you should probably find another boyfriend... Dating anyone who has children by someone else is hard...at least you know now and it wasn't like 4 years down the road. Good Luck.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 5:01 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• yes - very confusing string of events up there. I think you are upset because you didn't know WHO your man's ex was and that he would see her on a regular basis. They have a child together so it just goes with the territory. At least he told you but it is a bit weird he wouldn't have been more forthcoming before. I think it's "interesting" he didn't tell you sooner, which is why your radar is going off. Dating someone with children is difficult and you have to be a personality that can deal with all that - if not it's just going to cause problems and maybe you want to move on and date someone who is a little more truthful. Lying or hiding truth by omission is still lying.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 5:09 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• Good luck and I wish u the best
    MistyLuvs

Answer by MistyLuvs at 5:38 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• It's all in the past, so let it go. You don't think he should still have a relationship with his ex'es son? Why not?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:43 PM on Mar. 18, 2011

• I would be upset about the fact he did not tell you he was married period.. As for the kid, I see that as kind of a good thing. While he is not his child, he did take an interest in his life before the marriage,during the marriage and even after the divorce.. That should say he is a good kind man that cares and will be a great father to his own..

Now if he is using the kid to see his ex...scratch what I just said, but you will not know until you talk things out with him yourself..

Yes, the past is the past unless his past can bring harm to youex: abuse, rape, murder etc... JMO
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:24 PM on Mar. 18, 2011