Have you ever been to the bottom?

Have you ever felt like you just couldn't do it anymore? Whether it was your marriage, your kids, or your life, what got you to that point? Were you able to get through it, or are you still there. Answer anonymously if you need to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Nov. 25, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I feel like I can't do my life anymore. I don't think that I am doing any of it right. I am not strong enough to be a mom and wife. Somedays are better than others, so I guess I am still there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Yes I did and all I did was keep praying and asking God to help me. It is hard with the kids taking care of them and your hubby I did it from day to day. But I think what if they are not here tomorrow? so I do what I can do and they love and thank me for it :) Hope this helped God bless you
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:31 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• IF you ever need a friend to talk to remember hinson7169 I will be there for you okay>?
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:40 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Yes, I've been there several times in my life. What got me there? Hard times. Seems like if you live long enough, life will beat you down. I've made it through though. My husband and my mother have been my biggest sources of support. We all need support sometimes. Medication got me through another rough spot in my life. It saved my life. God got me through yet another rough time. Just knowing that my kids need me helped too. Your kids need you. Remember that. Your family loves you. Sometimes that's all you need to know to make it. Things will get better, they always do. I think we are all so much stronger than we give our selves credit for. Sleep helps too! Hugs.
    pinkink

Answer by pinkink at 1:41 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Oh yes. More than once.

What got me through? Being needed by others...my best friend in college, then my husband and son.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:53 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• Of course! Being a SAHM mom was so much . . . harder then I thought! For the first 9 months of my daughters life, my husband worked from 8-6pm and then had practice or a show (he plays music on the side) 4-5 nights a week. So 4-5 days a week I was alone, without a car, in a new place where I didn't know many people, from 8 AM to 12 AM. Our marriage was really bad and he was the only person I had day to day contact with. A 6month old doesn't offer much companionship.

It took sometime but we worked really hard to improve our relationship, I joined some play groups, got in touch with some old friends, started volunteering, and made some other life changes. DD is 16 months old and we are in a completely different place! So much happier.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 1:56 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I too get overwhelmed sometimes and even though I am married I feel like a single parent. I have been a SAHM for a while now and I enjoy it but the weight of the world comes crashing down sometimes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• there have been many occasions where i have felt like I can t do it anymore ,being a mum ,a wife .I beat myself up that I am not a good christian b/c I get so fed up with my marriage at times ,but I keep going ,I have a mixed up family b/c I have two kids to another man who I split with and two to my hubby , my hubby also has kids to previous relationships and sometimes this causes arguments within the family ,but we keep going b/c we do love each other but its hard to find time for one another . I pray and ask god to guide me down the right path and help me to be more patient and understanding .good luck to you all x
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 2:20 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I cry every Sunday morning, partly because I got through the week, partly because Saturday night is so lonely and I got through it ( I have been alone for years) and partly because I pray to drag myself out of bed to go the mass and feel better for an hour and then I go back to "real life" just self destructing and functioning.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I have been crying just tonight about my life. I have let myself down in some decisions I have made and it gets me down. I don't know how to rectify everything either. We do not have enough money to even take care of ourselves much less buy xmas presents and that got me so sad tonight. We went and bought some things for Thanksgiving and used up all the money we had left on our EBT card. I am not sure how we will eat until the 8th of next month now. I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders and sometimes I just want to curl up into a ball and die. I know my daughter needs me (and plus I am 6 months pregnant, too) but I often feel like I let her down so much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:10 AM on Nov. 25, 2008